1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Good that its is covered in extended warranty.
    Previously, the delay was in getting the spare parts from FIAT. Now, it is for getting extended warranty claim approval. I think it is high time they streamline the extended warranty claim approval process. When my Punto's drive shaft failed, I had to wait for about 4 days for claim approval.

Make sure they submit the claim as soon as possible. I hear that the delay in approval is sometimes due to delay in submission of the required documents. If they submit the claim at least today, you can get the claim approved by around tomorrow noon. By then, they can complete the work and keep the car ready.
    Follow up on this closely and make sure they submit all the required docs ASAP.

I kind of feel that Aadya is not yet fully operational for major works. When I called Khan couple of weeks back, he told me that work is still going on, however he can get the work done. It appears that the finishing work is still in progress. So KHT is definitely a better option. And my 60k service experience has proved it right.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    timing chain replacement itself will take one full day and after that they need to dry the oil sump for atleast six hours. This itself might take couple of days. In the meantime they should get the approval. other than this they already have the workload of scheduled/committed deliveries to take care of. i will make sure that the pictures required for approval are sent today.
    3 people like this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    there is some problem with software due to which they are not able to raise job card which is the first step since today afternoon! have been promised that work will start tomorrow morning and i will get the car day after tomorrow evening!
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

When All goes well, it ends well. Dont bother about it, great that it's not going to dent your pocket.
    Yes, a day or two of waiting and frustration but still much better situation.
    By the way, any estimates of repair and labour cost etc (although it will be covered in warrantee)?
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the kind words enki! i was told that timing chain costs approx 6.5k. labour should be something similar.

Some pictures taken earlier in the day: 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sad to see that Shams!

Always been back of my mind that irrespective of 75/90hp, all should change their timing chains @ 60k. I've seen more than one case of 75hp chains snapping.

All the best to your black beauty. Hope its back soon!
  7. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    True gurjinder. Last time when i enquired about timing chain, mechanic said that it can be changed @ 90k. But i will try to change it before 70k.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

What do is say about those pics Sham, great camera work but not a nice feeling at all. It is indeed bad to see black beauty loaded. You have cautioned me on timing belt, let me get it replaced at 65000 km when my next serivce is due.

By the way, is there any lehman method to check the condition of timing belt on your own or only stalling somewhere is the final seal?
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    since my office is close to the service center, just came here to check. as expected work has not yet started. today there was another excuse. no power from morning!
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    aadya is very irresponsible. I would suggest you take a very very good look at your car before and after they do the work.
    Check for every small thing for exactness