1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ABRO flush is for diesel fuel and is put in the fuel tank.

Badhral is engine oil flush that is put in the engine compartment to clean the oil passages of carbon and other deposits.
    Both are for totally different purposes. But what Sat was trying to say is , both these solutions cost roughly the same and i concur with Sat, I remember buying bahradl for about 230 or so not too long ago.

I'm going in for another oil change shortly i can definitively tell you when i perform a flush this time.
    sunswape and Ravi like this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    got it now! thanks sham and sat :)
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    punto suddenly stopped at the start of kasturinagar to k r puram ring road flyover . called Rsa at 10:30. waiting for them to arrive
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Without any indications, warnings, or alarms about failure?
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oh. That's bad. Keep us updated shams. When are they expected to arrive?
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Any behavioral description before it came to halt??
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    punto loaded to flatbed truck. leaving for kht motors now

- - - Merged Post - - -

first i thought battery conked so called battery guys. he told battery is fine. diesel indicator was horizontal so got 5 liters of fuel and filled. it didn't start even then after which i called Rsa. lets see what it is.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh, bad day.
    How much time it took for RSA to send vehicle?
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

If it were "Fuel-tank empty" issue, there is very prominent alarm of "Check Engine". Also the "Fuel tank" alarm goes "Orange". I have been through all this once. If that didn't flash, issue is somewhere else than "battery or fuel tank empty".
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Timing chain cut has been identified!

Its going to be covered under extended warranty and will take atleast couple of days! they need to open everything first and send all the photos of claimed part for EW approval. Good thing is that part is in stock.
    Reason for this is unknown as of now!

RSA took around 1 hour to reach. another 10 minutes to load the car. They were going to tow the car to aadya motors since that was the nearest SC from the breakdown spot. i insisted to take the car to kht to which the RSA guy agreed and said i need to pay the towing charges for extra no of kms which would be 25rs/kmpl. had to pay only 75 rs.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    2 people like this.