1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    like i suspected that's what they use.
  2. Shams,

I feel FIAT should pay attention service costs of Punto/Linea, 7900 /- is on higher side, i spend probably 1500 /- less although using delvac 1.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    labour charges are a bit on the higher side in SCs! though in 7900, i had a horn change (400) and bardahl (700)!

i didnt get what you and sham were suggesting for 200-300 rs. Is it that only 100ml is required for flushing where in my case 300 ml bottle was used?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. I am using Abro flush it coasted me only Rs 250. Even Bhardal will be some where near to that price, don't go by printed number.
    Labour charges are high, why FIAT is not doing anything standardize?
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think we need to check with other companies how much they charge, do you have some relative figures?

I feel the labour charges are not consistent, but I don't think Fiat charges higher than others. Based on some info, all the labor charges will be made consistent once new software starts working on all service stations.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    In this case that might not be of much help because of different standards each brand follows and different prices for sourcing parts from locations either locally or overseas.
    But what would help is if we can find out the service costs of POST and PRE JV with tata .
    That should give us good idea on things.

But this has a catch we cannot compare the 1st or 2 service post and pre the JV it has to be something credible like say the 45,000kms and 60,000kms service reports. I"m not sure many have that record though
  8. I have friend who owns swift Dezire, let me check whether he has records of the service bills.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    this is put in diesel tank or engine oil tank? i am confused :confused:.. abro flush is same thing what vijay khasa had suggested right?
  10. This goes into engine oil sump/tank, Vijay Khasa's suggested additive was for Diesel injector cleaning.