1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Also tell him that there are many TFI'ans who are servicing there cars outside because of there absurd reasons.
    What are they flushing is my question as well.
    If they are talking about oil flush then the bottle of "badhrayl" is what is used (generally) and that costs 200rs . No where close to 700.

Secondly i'm not sure what all is done in the 60K service and by the looks of it they dont seem to be changing many things and you've not reported any issues either yet the bill is close to 7500??
    It might sound reasonable considering its only a 1 year service interval but i think its steep . You dont seem to have many issues at all then why is it so expensive?
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    As far as I know timing chain replacement is part of 60k service.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    yeah me too. but i spoke to my mechanic and he says its really not required so early at all. Unless there is some damage.
    My cousin also got his linea serviced at 60K and the chain was replaced. I felt the new chain and the old chain , there was nothing damaging at all. May be i'm not trained to look at the nitty gritty issues but the mechanic also said the same so i'm wondering if its required at all.

Besides the point, i still feel 7.5K seems to be expensive . Only shams can confirm the work done
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    But, I think it is not applicable for 75 hp Punto.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    that was not suggested. also its not clear if it is required or not as some people report its only for 90 hp's and lineas but some have got it done for their 75 hp's too!!
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    The manual does not say anything like that AFAIK,
    In the service schedule at 60k i think it says "check and replace timing belt if needed" or something like that.

"IF needed" is a very important point that is generally overlooked very easily ;-)
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    TIming chain replacement is not applicable for 75 Hp
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    yes its oil flush only. will come to know as i have told that i will take the empty bottle. won't pay without checking the price!
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sorry. That was only for 1.4. The service coupon mentions that timing chain needs to be replaced at 60k service in the case of 1.4 petrol.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    it was a 300 ml bottle of Bardahl brand. MRP Rs 760. They charged 700+tax for it. have the empty bottle with me.

Total bill came to 79xx including 400 for low pitch horn replacement. will scan and post the bill later.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013