1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Dindigul route is more by 50 kms. but it may be quicker than the Udumalpet route. But, try to do once with the Udumalpet route since it is more scenic. :)
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    yes I meant it will be quicker even though its longer because of the larger stretch of four lane road :). I have been on the Udumalpet route also couple of times! Its quite nice. probably will return by this route:)
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    left my punto for 60k service at KHT motors today! had three complains:
    1. couple of windscreen washer jets not spraying water properly
    2. horn doesnt work sometimes. high pitch not working mostly
    3. water drops were falling on my right foot when taking right turns in heavy rain. probably somewhere from the right front wheel arch.

other than this, battery will be checked as part of service.
    I told them not to:
    1. put wiper fluid
    2. do wheel alignment and balancing.
    Expecting to take the car today evening.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You should have asked for not to put oil as well,rather the oil recommended by you.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    haven't thought about using a different oil till now ganges. maybe next time i will do it.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    have been given the following estimates:
    consumables/labour for same: 5200/1500
    flushing: 700
    AC cleaning: 700

I dont see the last 2 items in my previous service bills. Are the estimates correct? Are flushing and AC cleaning mentioned in punto manual?
  7. Engine flush liquid will cost only Rs 200/300 and it just needs to be added to engine oil run for some time before draining.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What are they going to flush? I am not getting this.
  9. AC cleaning is not mandatory. It is included by KHT folks. For my car in second service they did that. Technician says it is good to clean the AC once in a year. So I accepted it.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    just checked with SA. he says engine flushing is very good for the car and many teamfiat guys have done it :) the liquid itself costs 700 rs according to him and there is no labour charge. told him to go ahead with it and give me the empty bottle of engine flush liquid.

thanks praveen! told him not to do ac cleaning. will get it cleaned when i find any need for it.