1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    Hello vj v1
    As far as i know generally the hose connecting turbo & inter cooler is more prone to cuts compared to the other but in your case inter cooler to engine hose failure rate is pretty higher
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes Pran, thats quite possible! It was good that EGR, Intercooler, manifold etc also got cleaned!! It feels like a different car now!! somehow i had got adjusted to the bad pickup for last 4-5 months.

Yesterday again i took it to kolar CCD on NH4 for testing. Onward it gave mileage of 14.5 kmpl for 50 kms (including 10 kms in city) when i didn't let any car overtake me. On return i got a mileage of 22.2 kmpl while driving at 80-90 kmph!!
    3 people like this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    waxed my punto with formula 1 wax in preparation for tomorrows meet!! :redcar

1.jpg

2.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
    8 people like this.
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    New Wheel Caps are just stunning on Black punto...
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    thanks Shashank :)

Got wheel alignment/ balancing done yesterday at tyre empire in whitefield. Had a long interval of 8k kms before the last time it was done. this was third time in 14.5 k kms though with this set of tyres. Since I had bought my Michelin PLCs from tyre empire (hsr layout) and i found them to be quite genuine, i usually go to them (either hsr or whitefield) for alignment/ balancing. The HSR one has HUNTER alignment machine and whitefield one has HOFMANN!

Also got the tyres rotated from front to back.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Above post was on July 27th Last year!

Leaving for Munnar-Yellapatty tomorrow early morning to enjoy the monsoons! Will the route via Dindigul take least amount of time or via perundurai-kangeyam?
    Last year while going to the same location I had taken the route via Dimbam ghats on NH209. It was scenic but little extra time consuming. This time for onward journey I want to take the route which takes minimum time. Please advise.

Yellapatty is a small village 30 kms from Munnar town on the way to Top station. Last year i drove to yellapatty via munnar town. This time i am noticing there is a route which deviates from Marayoor and reaches Yellapatty directly. Pls refer to the google maps link below:
    Bangalore, Karnataka, India to Unknown road - Google Maps
    This route can save me 30 kms but don't have any idea of the road conditions. Anyone aware of the current road conditions between Marayoor and Yellapatty?
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ shams, to reach Munnar quickly, you have to take Bangalore-Salem-Dindigul-Theni-Bodi-Munnar. But, still I suggest you to take Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Udumalpet-Munnar to enjoy the scenic beauty.

Don't even think about taking that route from Maraiyoor. It may be an unpaved road too. Go to Munnar and then drive to the Top Station.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Will Theni-Bodi route actually take less time because it is adding around 90 kms more compared to Kangeyam route!! also there was some work going on in the Dindigul- Theni section. is that complete?

i dont think anyone will be able to tell the road conditions of this route :) without knowing the conditions i am not going to venture in it !! have been to a small part of this from yellapatty to kundale club which was approx 2-3 kms. that itself went through dense forests and the road was just as wide as my punto!!
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Work on Dindigul-Theni stretch is almost complete. We drove this stretch last week while going to Sabarimala. What is pending in this road is the marking of median. It wouldn't be an issue if you travel during day time.

The difference in distance would be around 50 kms., shams.

Route via Theni - 524 Kms.
    Route via Udumalpet - 472 Kms.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Ramesh, since the difference is only 50 kms, i think i can save maybe an hour by taking the dindigul route !!