1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes Ravi, I am getting good service at KHT. Had to tell them to clean the manifold, mass air flow and check all turbo hoses based on TFI posts. Gave them some time to do it without hurrying and they did it nicely. i am happy!!:)
    2 people like this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    pictures of the turbo hose:

2013-04-02 17.27.06.jpg

2013-04-02 17.27.14.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Normally this hose does not fail on a fiat. The one on the other side (intercooler to intake) fails frequently. Surprised that the SC did not recognise it was a hose failure the first time, since it would have been pretty obvious with such a huge cut. These hoses fail pretty regularly on fiats and they should be pretty experienced abt the symptoms.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2.
  4. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry, coulnt corelate these two sentences from your post :confused
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    May be SA wanted to put bomb to shams pocket.
    shams should have taken action against the SA :confused for not finding the problem at first instance.
  6. You may want to go for engine oil change as there is posibality thet dirt would have entered engine via cut hose.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    shams, that was the exact pipe that even i replaced :)
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    they had shown me the dirt removed from EGR valve so i was fine with it. second time i was not charged any labour for this very reason that they didn't find it in first attempt!!

What was your complain then? low pickup? you didn't notice black smoke you said in the other thread

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thats a good point sat! my 60 k service is nearing.. at 57 k now. Thinking of going for an early service :p

- - - Merged Post - - -

I had tested the car after EGR cleaning by taking it till 130 kmph on NH4 but it wasn't pulling as it used to from there!! swifts and etios' were overtaking me at that speed when even i was pushing. This never used to happen when my punto was in normal condition!!

They were initially telling me that if there is a cut in any hose, car wont cross 100. But after all the cleaning when the problem was not solved then they started looking at the hoses!!
    2 people like this.
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Shams looks like the broken pipe was the cause for all the dirt in the EGR and intercooler, so its good that they did not see the broken pipe during the 1st inpection, they would have just changed the pipe and left the EGR dirty.
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

Punto_emotion,

There are 2 different hoses,

One that connects the turbo to the Intercooler, the one that failed in shams car and is less prone to cuts per the mechanic at the SC.
    and the other one connects the Intercooler to the Engine intake (This one failed twice on my Punto).
    3 people like this.