1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    What does the error say?
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    theres no error message displayed in MID for active variants :) but SC has confirmed that battery has become weak and i was advised to change it couple of days back !!
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It is better to change the battery before it getting dead for best exchange price.
  4. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    I am not sure how often MMI maps are updated but it missed quite few ATM's and Fuel Pumps.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    thats right sun! i will get it replaced soon :)

For past couple of months my punto has been emitting lot of black smoke even with light foot on the A-pedal. air filter cleaning did not help! on searching the internet i found that there could be numerous reasons for black smoke which can be serious if not addressed.
    List goes like this:
    • Incorrect timing
    • Dirty or worn injectors
    • Over-fuelling
    • Faulty turbocharger (ie not enough air to match the fuel)
    • Incorrect valve clearance
    • Incorrect air/fuel ratio
    • Low cylinder compression (eg sticking piston rings or worn components)
    • Dirty air cleaner --------- has been cleaned but need to confirm if its clean enough
    • Restricted induction system (eg system too small or kinked inlet piping)
    • Other engine tune factors
    • Poor quality fuel --------- this wont be the reason as i fill from one fuel station most of the times
    • Excessive carbon build up in combustion and exhaust spaces
    • Cool operating temperatures -------- temperatures should not be a problem in bangalore
    I have to see with how many of these TASS will be able to help me out. Others who have faced this before or know anything that will help, please suggest !!
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Is some black smoke while accelerating normal? experts ;)?
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hey shams..are you taking out your beauty every day or occasionally, does the smoke emit first time in the morning or its there all around.. culprit could be either

1. Adulterated fuel
    2. Injector/Pump faulty
    3. Air filter
    4. Turbocharger/Inter cooler
    5. EGR fault

- Take a emission and give a visit to ASS for checks ..

Regds..Surya
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi surya, i drive my punto everyday for atleast 30 kms. black smoke is there all the time but not when i drive with a light foot. Most of the times i drive with a heavy foot on a-pedal and keep noticing this black smoke.

wanted to know if its normal for this kind of driving since i have noticed it only recently in my 2.6 yrs of ownership. I am not sure whether black smoke was there earlier or not but my driving style was same even then.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi shams i think there's nothing to worry about as long as things are fine ..

Worry if you are blocking the following vehicles vision with dense black smoke.. :)
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shams,
    while driving, how do you notice/check the smoke ? :) please let know the technique, i want to check mine punto as well...