1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    60k or 2 yrs whichever comes early. my punto had completed 2yrs when i got the 4th service (45 k) done so these were changed. If your punto completes 2yrs before 60k then better get those changed at that time and dont wait for the next service.
    1 person likes this.
  2. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    unbelievable,it made wonder something more horses under the hood.

when we were doing return trip from factory in teky's punto all we could manage was hard 160 that do down the slope,

we could not make it again for photo.
  3. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How much was the body roll over? Don't try once again because a bit diversion in concentration also will do very bad at this speed because of the body balance is not in any of the hatches in India (including Fiat).
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Sundhu, it was only once i managed to touch 180 but have done 170+ on numerous occasions. it goes till there with ease.

i do such speeds only at straight stretches of road where body roll isn't there. why would someone do 170+ on a curve ? even if someone does, better do in a Fiat !! :D
    3 people like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems at the time of Turbo replacement, you got some special one:).
    Whatever I try, I couldn't cross 150 speed. May be next time, I will give mine to you and check.
    1 person likes this.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hehe.. sometimes i feel like checking if they have put a VG Turbo ;) Have u tried on NICE road? its smoother compared to other four lanes and car picks up speed faster on its tarmac..
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Correct. I have driven teky's Punto and reaching 160 is not easy and take time. Couldn't push more than that.

As I told earlier, your's is one special Punto shams. :)
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hey Shams its with the turbo magic man.. enjoy.. :)
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Shams - Need your Advice bro.
    I have sourced Linea Rims. I have 195/65 on my mind after seeing your thread and also ganges as i too very much concerned with Ground clearance.
    Can you please advise me on this regard :)
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Since your profile reads 1.3 MJD active, I assume your OE tyres are 165/80 R14 and the GC is 185 mm. There is a popular misconception that GC will increase with wider tyres, but that is not always true. See comparison below:

TyreSizes.JPG

An upsize to 195x60 R15 will actually reduce your GC by 2.3 mm, whereas 185/65 R15 will increase the GC by almost 1 mm.

Hope this helps.

Rajan
    Dhileepan Karthi likes this.