1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That was a real adventure. It's very risky, but when there are no options left, we have to take such risks, calculated to certain extent. :)
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Shams, You could have made a card payment for another Rs 500 and asked him to give it back as cash for emergency till you reach home(A virtual ATM):)
    Thanks to MJD for excellent FE. If it were a petrol engine......:eek:
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That is some learning, shams.

Wasn't there any small town on the way? I am asking because ATMs are now present at even small towns. Also, didn't you have any GPS? There is ATM locator in the GPS (don't know about its accuracy).

Did anyone have any experience on this on the GPS?
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ATM locations given by GPS are usually pretty accurate. The problem is, you will not find any ATMs on the highway, as they tend to bypass most towns. I guess shams was not that desperate, since he had some amount of cash on hand. This is the main reason, it makes sense to keep enough cash for a tankful somewhere in the car during long drives. It can really come in handy.

Most fuel stations in the west have ATMs too. The trend has not yet caught up in India. Ironically, these fuel stations where one would find an ATM will also accept plastic :D

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Haha Ravi! It was some adventure! but more so for my friend who became little worried fearing that the fuel could become empty. since i had a fair idea of how much fuel would be left according to the needle position, i was calm :)

Yes, happens sometimes but this time there was carelessness on my part involved :D

Thats right sun, but somehow this idea didn't occur that time! maybe it would have come if we didn't have enough money for toll :)

we were checking for both fuel bunks and atms on gps! both mmi and google. nearest atm being shown was in Sira town in which we found the bunk which took card. if this one didn't accept card then we had planned to enter Sira and withdraw cash. Also most of the fuel stations were marked but half of them were closed.

thats right Rajan! problem happened because both me and my friend assumed that the other person has cash without asking each other :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shams,
    the same happened to me but not for fuel rather hotel bill payment ultimately was all about in hand cash.
    it was really embarassing moment for us when we faced this and big arguement with the hotel manager,the city was having only one ATM -SBI and it was not working and we all friends were thinking like iske-pass,uske-passs :D finally ended up with 250 INR and the hotel bill was 1500 INR.
    finally manager told us "saab car mein athein hon aur paisa nahin hein" i replied him tu kaunsa bill gates ka aulad hein galathi sab se hothi hein :X .

Lesson learnt:- Keep always cash handy.never rely on cards.

coming to punto:-
    does your boot accomodate spare tire 195/65/R15 easily, i mean does it sits properly ?
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes it does sit properly Ganges. I had checked that at the time of buying although i bought only 4 new tyres. spare is still the old 165 one :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thanks shams,
    so hows the ride till now with this new profile 195/65/R15,i have seen your speedo needle above 160Kmph ;)
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ride is quite good ganges as the side profile height of this tyre is less by only 6 mm from the 165 one. Not much difference there. i had heard that michelin plcs are very less noisy buy frankly speaking i have not observed any noticeable difference in the sound at speeds >120. maybe the difference is very minor to make out.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shams
    the brake oil,the HPS oil are to be changed after 60K Kms as per FIAT's service interval ?
    i have done with my 4th service none of the above have been changed.the final bill for my 4th service was 6701/- it was with FIAT's exclusive service center.

coming to tires i will also be selecting michelin plc's