1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. Hey bro,now that i have got my car,just wanted to know is there place for 1 car(2 ppl) for the tfi meet??
    In case there is a place for us just wanted to know is it advisable to take the car to the mountain(as the odo stands at 2400 kms now,and run in period is till 5k)??

Note:Your inbox is full so couldnt PM you.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    @Ganges i think you should consider 205/60/15 if you want GC increase and it'll look good too with that FATNESS.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Yesterday afternoon my punto completed 50000 kms...

2012-10-24 16.21.53.jpg

Celebration in her style...

2012-10-24 16.24.45.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    3 people like this.
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Shams, Congrats ..

Regds..Surya
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Surya :p uploading the pics again!!

Yesterday afternoon my punto completed 50000 kms...

2012-10-24 16.21.53.jpg

Celebration in her style...

2012-10-24 16.24.45.jpg
    5 people like this.
  7. Wow!!shams back at last....u very busy with the bullet touring?
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Reached home at bangalore yesterday morning at 6:30 AM. Had started around 4 PM from pune, the day before, while the factory visit was not yet over. Had to miss out on the Fiat stickers because of leaving early from there!! Drove with jayakrishna for some 700 kms after which he zoomed ahead and i wasn't able to keep up with him because of problem with my puntos RHS headlight focussing!

Had some (mis)adventure on the way after jayakrishna went ahead. A friend was there with me in my punto. Both myself and jayakrishna had tanked up our cars in the BP coco outlet next to McD just outside pune.
    Due to some enthusiastic driving, fuel warning came up in both cars at around 12 AM! After Jay decided to push ahead since i had slowed down due to my punto's headlamp problem, he tanked up in an IOCL outlet on the right side!

We didn't go there out of laziness since it was on the right, thought will tank up in the next bunk on our side of the road! After this, the next bunk that we found didn't accept cards. Only then my friend and myself discovered that both of us were out of cash! Till now i was thinking that he has and he was thinking that i have!! On emptying our pockets we could add up some 520 Rs! The fuel needle was just about to become horizontal. From here on i started driving at 70-80 with minimum a-pedal input. Had some 300 kms more to reach bangalore! At this time of the night, the highway had a maddening traffic of trucks and VRL and some other buses. All of them started overtaking me from both sides. My friend who was dozing sometimes, not being able to control his sleep, was wide awake now!!

Next couple of bunks we found also didn't accept card. since we didn't remember how much exactly we have to pay in toll, saving some cash for it, filled up for 200 rs and carried on in the fuel economy mode..by now the needle was already horizontal. after fuelling for 200 it came to an angle of 10 degrees from right.

Continued driving in the same manner for another 70-80 kms without finding any bunk which accepts cards or an atm. again fuel needle fell below horizontal. fuelled for 150 rs again saving the rest 170 cash that we had for tolls. was about to reach Sira (some 120 kms more) now. Jay called to asked where we were. Informed him about the adventure we were having. Thought he would have reached bangalore by then but due to the heavier traffic ahead, he had just crossed tumkur toll. Told him we were expecting to find a bunk soon in Sira and will let him know as soon as we do..

Drove for few more kms after which we finally found a bunk which was ready to accept card after requesting. He swiped the card first to check if it would work and then filled the fuel. called Jay to tell that we had finally fuelled up and drove off. asked him the exact amount we would have to pay at the tolls which he told was around 100. were happy to know that we had enough to have tea also. Friend started dozing again :)

After this started overtaking the mad traffic of trucks and buses left and right! i had not seen this many trucks in for last one year put together compared to the number we saw that night!! It was irritating to the core. Could not stop for tea as i didnt want to overtake atleast 50 trucks again if we stopped for 10 mins.

Finally reached home at 6:30 AM. Avg for blr-pune-blr was 14.5 kmpl! that explains the fun ;)
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
    12 people like this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow, shams, nice experience :).
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    \
    Guess it was because of huge demand growing in bangalore, which makes alot of road transport pouring into the city to fullfill our needs.
    Pathetic population in bangalore and in India lately :(