1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    If you want to enjoy scenic beauty, then it is NH 209. Here are the photographs clicked during my visit to Kerala in april 2011.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    More than the NH209, it is the Udumalpet-Munnar section which will be very scenic and mind blowing at this time of the year. Theni-Bodi route is also not a bad idea if you want to enjoy the tea plantations in Munnar. Why don't you try both the routes, Shams?

Note:- I forgot to update you that the Dindigul-Theni section of the road is in Pathetic condition right now as the road widening work is on. If you love your Punto, it is better to avoid this route as of now.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I am really tempted to take this route Ravi sir, only concern is that it might take couple of hours more than the dindigul route. not sure, might fall for it :)!

oops! thanks for update ramesh! in that case most probably it 'll be NH209! During my return journey to coonoor i have to take the udumalpet route anyways so was thinking of trying bodi-theni one for going!
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you really wanted to try out the Bodi-Munnar route (you can enjoy the tea plantations), then probably think about Bangalore-Madurai-Theni, where in you would be doing 30-40 kms additionally. If you get to Madurai, you can deviate to Theni road from NH7 before entering Madurai city.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    just reached bangalore after a six day trip.

Route taken was:
    bangalore-kanakapura-kollegal-dhimbam-annur-udumalpet-munnar-yellapatty
    yellapatty-munnar-mettupalyam-coonoor
    coonoor-ooty-mudumalai-gundlupet-chamrajnagar-kollegal-kanakapura-bangalore
    with halts in the places highlighted above.

munnar was as green as it can get!!

Couple of teaser pics:
    IMG_3937.jpg IMG_3946.jpg
    11 people like this.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Great. Which part of Munnar was that shot taken? Did it rain in Munnar?

The road from Udumalpet to the First Checkpost (the road which will also deviate to Amaravathy dam) would have been good. From the first check post till the TN and KL police and forest checkposts were not in good shape when I visited last. Is it still not in good shape or is it good now?
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    this picture was taken just before reaching munnar town, around 4:30 pm. It was raining on and off.. didn't rain heavily though!unluckily couldn't shoot punto with the rainbow cos there was no place to park there!
    there were few potholes just after the checkposts while going but not big enough to bother! had to slow down only couple of times due to them..last 1 and a half hour before reaching munnar was pure bliss. it was like driving on green carpet :)!!
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Went on a short trip on NH4 to coffee day near kolar (around 45 kms from bangalore) today afternoon!!
    Took some pictures while returning during evening time. Was lucky to shoot punto with a rainbow this time:

2012-08-31 18.14.21.jpg 2012-08-31 18.17.13.jpg 2012-08-31 18.17.57.jpg 2012-08-31 18.18.10.jpg 2012-08-31 18.18.21.jpg 2012-08-31 18.18.38.jpg 2012-08-31 18.18.43.jpg

stats:
    2012-08-31 19.05.21.jpg 2012-08-31 19.06.06.jpg 2012-08-31 19.06.16.jpg

All pictures are unedited and taken with mobile camera.
    6 people like this.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Black Punto with the rainbows is just awesome.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks for just not giving a simple snack but a feast.
    Black punto with rainbow looks beautiful. I couldn't resist my self expressing it this way: " Black is the colour in rainbow that is missing. By seeing it in the shape of a perfection lying on the road it(rainbow) is bending to pick it up":D

I personally feel the Linea alloys are better fr Punto. Punto is a car with simple curves. The punto alloys, I feel, has little bit of more complication that contradict with overall design of the vehicle. A alloy that has line spoke is muck elegant in Punto. My personal opinion.
    1 person likes this.