1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Tyre noise was very much noticeable and it is kind of difficult to compare and be able to say if its less than my older tyres or not! One thing is these tyres do not look that wide because the edges are more curved compared to say a bridgestone/goodyear or yokohama.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shams,
    195/65 R15 or 195/60 R15 ? which is good ?
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ganges it is not the question of being good or bad. If you need more ground clearance, go for 195/65, else stick to 195/60 which is stock. But one thing to be noted is there will be a minor error in the odo/speedo reading due to the more than recommended height (dia of the tire).
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cinju,
    its now more than one month myselves and shams has nice discussions on the GC and the tire profiles.
    To avoid more writing in the post and as shams is already aware about my point of question(good or bad),hence posted in short ;) i was waiting for this change in his tire profiles.

Well yesterday i have got done my 3rd service and i asked about the tire condition to the technician,he told me keep on moving the tires(front to back ,back to front) it will go for another 30K Kms :eek:
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    OOps..my bad. Now I got it. Sorry fellows. Earlier one of our team member Pran had also upgraded to 195/65. Even I also wanted to upgrade mine to 195/65 for more ride height. But I ended up in buying 195/60 & I am very much ok with it. Yes as Shams has written, the Michelin may not look as wide as a Yoko /Bridgestone . Ganges another 30k life for your tires..Ahh that's a long way to go.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    :p then probably you need to forget about changing your tyres for the timebeing! how much have they run till now? For better tyre life go for wheel alignment/balancing/rotation every 5K kms. Now onwards I am also going to follow this strictly!

As Cinju said, its only for GC that 65 profile is better and little bit of speedo error is the tradeoff here!
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i will end up of changing the tires at 60K Kms... :D

shams,
    stock tires till now 30,100 Kms
    i agree better GC,how is the ride and handling any difference ?
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I couldn't help but notice you're rear lamps...
    How come both sides the light is lit?
    For me only the right side has rear fog lamps..
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^which picture are you referring to.?
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys, anyone has got 45k service done recently? My punto has gone for 45k service today and the expected cost is 9xxx rs without brake pads/discs. is the amount okay..?