1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ya i also had read that. hopefully thats not true. some people have posted that they buy in bulk and its not packaged thats why few scratches are there. The kava guy promised that there wont be any bends only few scratches might be there.
    let see :)
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Shams, did you check with some tyre shops in JC road, I am sure there will be few used once lying around and should be way cheaper than the ones from Kava (what is this btw), since they too supply used ones. Take a bike and roam around the small small old tyre shops, one such shop bought mine when I changed to alloys.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Pran, i did not try for used ones since its very difficult to find out whether the rims are in good condition! kava is a store in mumbai which stocks most of the Fiat parts. They assured me that the rims are new and there wont be any bends. he said scratches might be there since they buy the parts in bulk from Fiat without packaging. hence the lower price.

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Got my punto back on friday june 1st evening after a small bodywork at KHT motors.
    problem was due to a hit from underneath, the clamp on which the front bumper sits had got bent slightly resulting in small bulges on the bumper on either side. Also the gap between bumper and bonnet had widened.

It was fixed with the full bumper being repainted. work done was good. Got the sump guard also changed as it was badly battered. Had to pay Rs 34xx after claiming insurance.

before repair since the bumper had got misaligned, the toe hook was pushing the small round cap so it was hanging outside for past one month. One fine day it fell off.

This toe hook cap was not available at KHT. I told them whenever i fit it, you guys have to paint it for free. No problems with that. Also my right c-pillar plastic was rattling due to a clip being broken and had to be changed. This was also not available.

I checked at KHT spares counter that both the parts mentioned above were available at Concorde dairy circle.

On saturday, i reached Concorde at around 1 pm. It was already lunchtime and the spares counter was closed till 2. Meanwhile i confirmed with the quick service guys over there that the c-pillar plastic needs a change.
    When the spares counter opened at 2, they said they had only one c-pillar plastic which they sold in the morning. The toe hook cap however was available. I asked for 2 pieces but only one was available. Anyways, bought that OTC (over the counter).

Just for information, concorde spares counter had a display board where they had mentioned that Rs 8.xx lac worth of spares had been sold OTC out of a total spares sale of 50.xxx lacs.

Before leaving the spares counter I asked them to check where else in bangalore the right c-pillar plastic is available. First they told they can check only for concorde. I told them that I always check in KHT where they tell me for the entire city. Then the guy checked and told me that its available at Prerana, kudlu gate and Concorde, mysore road.
    Since Prerana was nearer to this place, i decided to go there.

Got the toe hook cap fitted by the quick service guy and left for Prerana. Thought will let it be without paint since the difference was barely noticeable. I had never been to this SC (prerana, kudlu gate) before. Had been only to their peenya SC where my punto underwent major body work.

On reaching there I came to know that they have stopped OTC sale and the SA refused to even have a look at my car saying they dont have time. I demanded to meet their manager. The CRM was on leave and the Service manager was called. The service manager looked like a known face to me. he said he used to work at KHT before where he has seen me. i keep visiting KHT often and most of the guys there are known to me. Because of this he said that somehow he will manage to get the part for me even though they have instructions not to counter sell, but he wont be able to fix it. I bought the part which costed some 253 rs.
    Inspite of repeated request saying its a 10 minute work, they didn't fix it. I couldnt escalate to anyone else there as the CRM was on leave.

I brought the part to COncorde again. Got hold of the same guy who was attending me some time back and told him that i have bought the part. He said they will fix it but the car has to be taken inside and it will take half an hour. I told not a problem, please go ahead. Got the car back after 1 hr. had to pay 187 rs labour charge for around half an hour of labour.
    Drove out from there happily!!
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I have been to Prerana only once, and the place looks more chaotic, to me. Concorde, on other hand, looks always systematic, even with huge rush.
    And even I bought one part (Linea Armrest - Air Vent) OTC, no question asked.
  5. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Shams, that was too much running around to get your car in proper shape !
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Sometimes its ok Pran! :) since it was a holiday and i had no other commitments so i thought why not finish all the work.

Today I had to leave my car again at KHT since I found that the bodywork done on the front bumper was not upto the mark.
    Somehow i had missed to notice it while taking my car back on friday. To my surprise the body shop guy was already aware of it. Today on reaching there, i was told to wait for 5 minutes and the work will be done. But there was no gas in the bodyshop using which the bumper was supposed to be shaped so I had to leave the car again to to get it back in the evening. I have asked the car to be dropped to my office once the work is done today evening!
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Shams I just noticed your new alloys in Banglore chennai meet thread. Great look. Have you changed to Micheline?
    How is the ride with new alloys and tire?
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Those aren't alloys Sungoa, thay are Linea wheel caps. Can really fool folks when viewed from Distance.
    3 people like this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Sungoa, as teky said those are linea wheelcaps on 15 inch linea rims. Tyres are Michelin PLC 195/65 R15. Only yesterday i changed them. As expected, i felt noticeable difference in handling at highway speeds! was expecting a slight loss in pickup but luckily thats not very evident.

Your comment makes me feel that my decision to go for linea rims was a paisa vasool one. Thanks :):)
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What about the tire noise with Michelin compared to the older ones?