1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Here you have pushed the Grande to its limit, Think you are happy now.
    please dont do it again, share with us some pictures of the Punto not of the cruishing cluster reading..
    Drive safe

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Here you have pushed the Grande to its limit, Think you are happy now.
    please dont do it again, share with us some pictures of the Punto not of the cruishing cluster reading..
    Drive safe
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    u ve pushed her too much shams !! even when i touched 140, i didnt feel so comfortable to rev her so much !!! drive safe !
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I agree with all of you.. however I wanted to check the throttle response post turbocharger change that happened last week, on the best road in bangalore i.e. the NICE road.. and I am very happy to admit that it outperformed my expectations!!
    Sometimes its okay to push the limits;);) in this case although there was still some grunt left
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Have been noticing steering pull to left side for last 4-5 K kilometers and it was becoming more day by day. Was thinking of getting the wheel alignment done but somehow haven't got it done till now!!

Today saw that both the right side tyres have worn out quite a lot compared to the left side.

Punto has run 41xxx kms till now on these tyres. As a temporary fix to save the two tyres from going completely bald till i get the alignment done, called a puncture repair guy near my house and got both the right side wheels swapped with the left side ones.

After this punto started pulling to right ;)

Will get the alignment done soon and in future will get it done every 5K kms to ensure longer tyre life..
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It is a relief that it started pulling right after exchange. So tyre is the culprit. Other wise fingers would have pointed the suspension.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    not really. tyres would have worn out due to alignment problem!!
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    for the tire problems only culprit is wheel alignment/balancing or tire itselves
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Even the FGT's are mad scamps. Never knew they can come out screaming like this.
    Awesome FIAT & Punto Powerrrrrrrr...!!
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @sham: Have you done alignment after your native place trip?
    I think your Punto is confused about which ideology to follow.:confused: Ask him to follow straight line. A mutual exchange of tire can change his ideology otherwise. :D
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes, i had got the third service done after the trip at 35xxx kms ;). That time pull wasn't there. I guess its due to my driving style in which i keep hitting potholes at some speed and happen to jump on speedbreakers at least once in two-three weeks.

Well @sungoa, punto is an intelligent machine.. i am hoping the confusion will go in a few days ;);)
    1 person likes this.