1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey with Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by shams, May 21, 2011.

1. Hi shams,

the turbocharger whistling is very normal, it should sound very sweet. I don`t think is should sound to huge when we do hard acceleration, then their can be problem.
    But my question is did you find any difference in pickup ??
    I think you have to listen to Scorpio Mhawk turbo sound, its so sweet then they accelerate.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @Drive_drift, the whistling sound in my car is very distinct. its not present the other puntos or lineas. it has been confirmed by the SC as well.

I find the pickup of my punto very good!! The front wheels skid on accelerating hard. not sure if that happens in other 76 hps.
  3. if the sound is not normal and you don`t hear in other punto as you said then , may be it could be problem. I just pointed this out because i see TASS just for making money they say the part is gone bad.
    I have similar experience with my palio when i said the gear shift is too hard, even after changing the gear oil. there was no slip of gear, they simply gave a answer that you need to change the timing belt.. i was shocked why the hell they are telling me to change timing belt. i straight away told just do the normal service and give the car back.

SO the point what i want to make out is, few things TASS just tell that its bad, even if its not. so better to have a research and get back to them(TASS).
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Had a bad day today!! got the turbocharger changed yesterday, so today before reaching office, thought of doing some testing on the highways. Went to NH4 towards Kolar. Went till Coffee Day which is around 50 kms. While coming back towards whitefield area wanted to have some tea. saw a small shop on the left side and stopped on mud road next to the tarred road. I had stopped ahead of the shop by some 20-25 mtrs. Started reversing to stop right in front of the shop. would have gone some 10-15 mtrs after which suddenly heard a noise from the rear.. dhammmm!!.. A tree!! I thought how can I reverse without looking back.. It happens sometimes.. Got a big dent on the hatch door and a very small one on the rear bumper.
    worst part is that my punto will have to attend tomorrows TFI bangalore meet in injured condition!!
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Sad to know the news. Your Punto had met with all kinds of challenges during your home town visit of 4600KM with all kinds of road conditions.
    But with least possible chance, in this situation, it happened. Don't worry. Certain things can't be avoided. My Punto got a hit by a bike on frond while coming after the Puja done on mahanavami day. Near my home. Your Punto got Drishti so take it tomorrow in the same condition so that people on the way, who are uncomfortable with your Fiat beauty, will get some relief.
    I am not removing few scratches in my Punto otherwise it will reach the limit of completion and nature doesn't like it.:)
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sad, but not much can be done, it happens, it happened with me quite a few times.

BTW, how your new turbocharger is performing?
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the kind words @sungoa2010. Any dents are very hard to keep on her for long..very small scratches are somewhat bearable though..in my first yr i had claimed insurance 6-7 times!

pretty good.. in the 50 km stretch i was able to hit 150 few times and 165 once.. pickup is as good as the old one, if not better.. the whistling noise hasn't come yet. Even with the old turbo the noise used to stop sometimes, so need to observe for few days..
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    on NICE road, Bangalore today with four people onboard and AC on...:redcar .....
    Note:picture was taken by friend on passenger seat with me concentrating fully on the road ;)

IMG00070-20120323-1050.jpg
  9. thats too much from a Punto :) I touched 180 on Punto. was solid on road grip but didn`t push too hard to attain 200 :(
    Never try this Guys.. when you have other people on board.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    What a car man. 75 BHP engine producing such a sweet and hot numbers with 4 human beings and ac on. Cannot suppress:hit my appreciation:up even though such speeds has to be discouraged.