1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A journey that ended up with looking deep inside myself

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by PatchyBoy, Nov 4, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Too much experienced, too much to post. Met a very special person, who redefined life as I understood it. It was a honour to spend some time with you Ma'am. At the moment, I am too overwhelmed to write a proper travelogue and shall continue in this thread when possible.

Starting off the thread with some random pictures. Excuse the poor quality - shot with a P&S camera.

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00303.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

Rajan
    20 people like this.
  2. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Nice pictures rajan. If you had not mentioned that its a P&S camera, i would have thought it to be some expensive DSLR. So, lesson learnt, a lot depends upon the person rather than the equipment. Waiting to read........sorry......see more.:)
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Superb pictures, the title is very intriguing. Waiting for more information to flow through.
  4. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Really cool Pictures Ranjan. Waiting for more till you ended up as the title says.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Rajan. travelogue is awaited :)! please key it down here lest you start forgetting. I am sure you won't forget but still ;);)
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Rajan, Nice pics of your travel awaiting details of travelogue ..:)
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Day 1 -1st November 2013

The plan was to meet Cubbie and his wife, Sat-Chit-Ananda and his wife, Shashi (Sat's friend) and his wife at the Tumkur road - Nice Road junction at 5:00 AM, reach Hubli by 10:00 AM and Badami by 12:00 PM. Since I live the farthest from the first meeting point, I planned on starting by 4:00 AM, but something or the other came up and we were only able to leave home by 4:30 AM. Since it was early in the morning, I thought I can get to the meeting point in 30-40 minutes. Goes to show how less I know of Bangalore roads and traffic. The ORR was jam packed with truck traffic and the stretch between Hebbal and Yeswantpur was horrible. So, I was able to reach the first point only by 5:30 AM.

Then we made the mistake of going into Davangere town for breakfast. The place we went to, did not have the famous Benne Dosa, what they had on offer was average and we lost one hour in the bargain. Both Cubbie and myself are quite familiar with Hubli town, but Sat had to rely on his GPS. So, I decided to keep Sat between the two of us, when we hit the outskirts of Hubli. Cubbie led the way and took the road leading to the traffic island, but Sat followed his GPS and turned towards the City bus stand. I tried calling him, but realized that my battery had drained, my cell phone was dead and I forgot my charging cable :A

With no option left I followed Sat, so he won't get lost and we weaved our way through narrow roads of Old Hubli, losing another 30 minutes in the process. Finally we got out of the mess and hit the Hubli - Badami road and it was already well past noon, we were running more than 2 hours behind schedule. Finally we made it to Badami by 2:00 PM. There were a total of 4 caves, but the place shuts down at 5:00 PM. So we decided to just cover Cave 1, the most important, and head to Hospet for the night. My wife refused to climb those stairs and I stayed back with her. So, effectively we (my wife and me), really did not see anything on day one. But I got to drive close to 700 kms and am not complaining :D (Have seen all the Badami caves before ;))

The road from Badami to Kushtagi was not in great shape and we could barely maintain speeds around 70 kmph. At Kushtagi, we turned on to the newly laid 4 laned, divided highway and it was bliss and we started pushing the cars to well beyond triple digit speeds. We passed a few intersections, well marked with red cat's eyes, till we came to one intersection, also well marked, but sadly also had speed breakers, which were not marked. So, one after the other, all three cars hit the speed bumps in triple digit speeds. God, I hate these planners. I mean, who in their right mind would want put speed breakers on a 4 lane divided highway and not mark them :A :A? Thanks to the legendary FIAT build quality, we got off with nothing more than a big jolt. Got to the hotel in Hampi, checked in and called it a day. I took very few pictures on day one, couple of which are already posted. Here are a few more:

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00301.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

Hope Sat-Chit-Ananda has taken a lot of pictures and will upload them soon.

Rajan
    7 people like this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Super pictures Rajan. These are unexplored territory for me. I would have joined for sure if I was around. Awaiting for more pictures.
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Superb pics Rajan,Great Travelogue.Didnt knew that you all 3 would be coming to Hubli:(
  10. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Where is the special surprise and redefinition?