1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Joke / Shocker from Overdrive Magazine.

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by MelsonLewis, Mar 3, 2011.

1. @Mods - move or delete the thread if you think it's not relevant or been posted in the wrong section.

Did any of you read the current Overdrive whrere they have compared the diesel hatches. Wow, people who have read it know what I am takling about. I couldn't scan the pages of Overdrive where they have written the comparison of the hatches, however here's a mail written by Mr. ******* directly to the great man who has written some awesome reviews.

The purpose of this post is to create some awareness how magazines drive people's mind towards some cars by giving false info and whoever's interested can write to Overdrive guys directly. The reviews were very disturbing. Imagine Punto and body roll. There are lot of other interesting stuffs too.

To: editorial@overdrive.co.in
    CC: sirish@overdrive.co.in
    Subject: March 2011 Issue
    Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011

Dear Sirish,

I was a regular overdrive reader for many years now and I have also filled my 3 yr subscription.

On this month's cover you have compared the " premium Diesel Hatches". I just cannot believe my eyes as to how biased and conterdict are you tests.

It has been seen from Palio's times that you have always have just 1or 2 good things to say but always make the readers belive " hey don't but a Fiat"

For your Info Fiat with collebration made the CRDI engine, without which I am sorry we would still have those Direct or In Direct Ind Engines and never would have a clear Euro-3 emissions.

You have been saying earlier is Punto has the best bled of handling and ride, and beggs for more power, and now Punto has immence Body Roll ???

Also does Polo High Line cost less than 90 ps Punto ? If you are not sure please be kind enough to go and re check your prices, because in Bangalore a friend of mine purchased a 90 ps 2010 model for 7.50lk ON ROAD price ( mainly discounts because of the 2010 model) and for your Info a person paid over 8lk for a VW Polo and also a FYI if you did not know Polo Highline comes with only 4 15inch alloys spare gets a 14 inch steel, which you can never expect from Fiat's.

I am sure Sirish you don't even know half the features of what Punto has becasue if you do you will know as a matter of fact you did not even bother to say that almost a decade back Palio and Sienea petrol 1.2 and 1.6 L engines had 32 bit micro processor and none of the cars even had those.

You always have shown Hyundai and Suzuki as the best along side with VW, which not just tells me but even my friends say that you are not a indipendent writer.

No Magizine would come up so high without having support of few car companies so that they can advertise there cars and you not just know how to fool public.

These cars when they come to India they loose out many features which is available outside but still does does not matter your reviews.

I chellange you display this email on the front " Mailbox" page but you will not I know nor I would also receive any reply to this as well.

You were one of the most biggest factors for Car companies like Fiat to go down with it's Sales with no less fault of it's own, because if you drive a Punto or a Linea trust me no other Flimsy built cars can even come close, they have some issue but they address it with full attention and not treat us like Hyundai.

Just to end this Sirish I have not just lost trust but also like how I stopped myself and few of my friends to buy Autocar India almost a year back and pay 125/ now to buy overdrive thinking you guys are not like the Autocar Guys, hightly Manuplative, but this month's review shows how can you not just lie but convencie people to get fooled to buy a VW Polo or a Swift or Ritz or a I10 or a I20, even if you want to, you can also make Santro still the best small Hatch Back in the Country.

This would be my last ever Overdrive purchase, I would better off not buy a Overdrive magzine and waste Rs 125/ on a editor and his crew Bullshitting about VW,Huyndai or Maruti Suzuki cars.

Thank you for taking some time in reading my " Stinker " to you and I hope you change your ways from acting like a media to only few companies which pays to a media who is Indipendent in his reviews and knows what he his doing.

PS: Worst Magzine along side Auto Car India for showing such Cheap and Paid Reviews from your Favourite Car Makers.
  2. I have stopped buying these so called 'sponsored' magazines long back.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Overdrive is notorious for its anti-Fiat articles. In their article on road test of Fiat Linea 1.4 T-Jet Plus in November 2010 issue, after showering praises on T-Jet, while summing up, it mentioned pricey as its only negative! Even the vehement Fiat-bashers have not called it pricey.

Please see my post titled Overdrive's Joke Of The Year here: viewtopic.php?t=819&p=15494#p15494
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

what a mail. i too found this biased reviews these days. this wasnt the case earlier. i have never seen any autoshow potraying the correct features on the linea and fiat.
    bloody bullshit when i saw the wheelocity in which the idiot ladies drive cars and she said that tjet is just a basic car compared to honda city. hahahah.
  5. @Lewis: did you get any reply from him?
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

melson buddy did that sh*thead reply to ur mail?? i guess he will never..FIAT bashing continues to death and would continue bcuz of pepl like him exist...Mr.Sirish u shud go and do some homework before ur clear with ur specs and info.Your opinions and suggestions are taken seriously by many people in a mass driven country like India.

PLZ STOP GIVING OUT FALSE INFORMATION.Otherwise i will have to start a show to bash overdrive and your team and other automobile magz.
  7. @Aaron and Clevermax - I will confirm with my friend and let you all know if he has replied. I had not mailed him, my friend just couldn't control after reading the magazine and he wrote the mail. I am also planning to send Shirish the TFI link to him so that he will get to see how his name is being praised nicely (sarcastically) all over the country by Fiatians.
  8. This is the reason why we stopped buying automobiles magazines. When will they learn? :A

Is your friend a Team FIATian? If no, then ask him to join us. ::D
  9. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

very well said. these guys never get tired of bashing Fiat. they just say what people want to them to say. i have stopped watching TV shows , forget about magazines. they are just bullshit.
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Why can't fiat also pay these guys some chai paani... After all they have wonderful cars, ok to good service with TATA and intelligent existing customers....

If FIAT is listening they have to understand it is India and here things work well under the table :D