1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Grande Ownership report-the 2012 Punto Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sidindica, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Super duper pics Sid bhai! Thanks for sending me this link. Can't believe still that you actually did buy a FIAT! Good going! Yes, hope to see the FIAT Punto Advy soon!
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice review Sid. Are you the same Sid in tbhp?
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Yes he is;)
  4. sidindica

The car underwent its stage 2 ICE upgrade at "driven" in east of kailash, Delhi.

Stage 1 saw installation of pioneer 6590 and rockfords all around.

Stage 2 sees damping of all 4 doors using dampmat. Liked the change it has made. Of late, am listening to some A R Rehman's bass bollywood songs so made them as benchmark when getting it done. Overall SQ is now more sharp and crisp and well spread out. I only went for the basic damping just to cut unwanted noise that comes from the door panels and it has worked. Costed me 4K for damping.

r (6).jpg

r (4).jpg

Later in the evening, tried out these 2 shots.
    3 people like this.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    these are wheelcaps right? they look really nice.
  6. sidindica

The GP sees crossing the 5 digit mark today, finally. Enjoyed the car till now despite the pros and cons associated with it. Nothing in this earth is perfect, and so is the red beluga. Eagerly looking forward for the planned audio upgrade in July and probably a performance remap in 2014.
    4 people like this.
  7. sidindica

Living with the GP for 7 months and 11,544 kms.

-Evergreen design looks timeless
    -Good blend of city and highway driveability from multijet
    -damping has made the car a wee bit quieter from the inside
    -High calibre ride quality
    -Matured body control
    -Feels safe and secure, solid build quality
    -Has proven to be reliable till now, despite many abuses thrown at it (drags, articulation, rape etc
    -50 month warranty=peace of mind
    -Chiller of an air con
    -GC of 185 mm makes the car easier to live with going by the gorge like craters up north
    -Good boot space for luggage carrying
    -Sound safety engineering and outstanding brakes

-poor gearshift and box tuned for mileage; engine cries for 6th gear and overall performance is mediocre
    -dead first gear, engine needs to be revved to make it to perform
    -occasionally noisy braking. some squealing sound comes in morning.
    -high GC=not a handler like the figo. Has more body roll than the pre 2012 punto.
    -outdated look and feel workman like interiors. More functional than luxorious. Ill fitted key ring ignition console remains an eyesore.
    -Storage spaces suited for newborn baby merchandise
    -below average rear legroom and width
    -weird driving position, not perfect like the palio
    -build precision, fit and finish still lacking compared to fabia.
    -Stone Age primitive Factory audio; upgrade has worked wonders
    -Below average after sales service quality till date.

Few (not all) pics taken during a recent holiday trip to Himachal.

img (139).jpg

img (121).jpg

img (117).jpg

img (181).jpg

img (188).jpg

img (263).jpg

img (267).jpg
    4 people like this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Good observations sid.
    This is certainly not common issue, get it checked.
  9. Ashish Agrawal

Ashish Agrawal Timido

Hey Sid, can you throw in some more details on Rockford fosgate prime series that you installed on your GP? I couldn't find any 5.25" co-axials for the rear on their website, so which ones did you get installed? Kindly elighten with specific model no. Any clues on Blaupankt co-axials?
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
  10. sidindica

Didn't bother to look at website, but got it installed straight from the shop. No idea on blaupunt co-axials.

The lousy brake pad design plagued my car also, and it went a replacement at kashyap noida a few days back under warranty. The car completes 12.5k kms now, and the noises which had plagued the brakes now stand eliminated. The work done was good, but I dislike the time they take to do the work. An hour of job took 3.5 hours and obviously, I had to stand near to my car to watch the WIP.

Clicked a few pics today morning after a wash.

Last edited: May 19, 2013
    2 people like this.