1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A glimpse of the Paradise

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nkrishnap, Aug 28, 2013.

1. mpbRoadie

mpbRoadie

Bangalore
    A very inspiring and detailed travelogue with some awesome photographs :clap. It's a dream for me too. Hopefully one day I will make it to the "land of high passes".
  2. Krishna if you are planning to do the trip next year let me know before hand, I always wanted to take my parents on such trips...
    Btw do post the cost approximately for the trip..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    3 people like this.
  3. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Indeed a great travelogue Krishna. Now you deserve a well awaited good rest. Hope your better half would have been recovered till now.
    1 person likes this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    COST DETAILS

The overall cost for the drive up to Kargil is summarized in the table.

Total Cost.jpg

Note:
    1. The Boarding & Lodging includes the room service and tips.
    2. The transit cost includes the helicopter charges (Vaishnodevi Temple), Auto and other fares wherever used.
    3. Car Misc includes cost of 3 car washes, tips given to the security and checking air pressure

HOTEL REVIEWS

Note: Wherever hotel website not available I have included the link from the other sides.

Mewar Inn - Udaipur

An excellent budget hotel with the rooms very good. Did not have food at the hotel. Very friendly room service guys. Only grouse here is parking which is on the road opposite to the hotel. However, since the traffic is low and security available there should not be any worry.

Link to the website - Hotel Mewar inn, Udaipur, Rajastha, INDIA ::
    Booked Via - Cleartrip.com
    Personal Rating - 4.5/5

Hotel Bluemoon - Amritsar

A good accommodation with not so great room service. The food was great but the arrogance show by the room service guy is ridiculous. I was asked to order breakfast with no menu given. My option was to skip it just for the arrogance.

Link to the website - Blue Moon Hotel Amritsar
    Personal Rating - 3.5/5

Hotel Devi Mahal - Katra

An excellent accommodation and lovely food and hospitality. Though not rated a star hotel, the service quality was very good. Good parking facility

Link to the website - Hotel Devi Mahal
    Personal Rating - 4.5/5

Hotel Season Palace - Srinagar

Good accommodation and hospitality. No restaurant available at this place. Parking facility available.

Link to the website - Hotel Season Palace, best hotel in kashmir, top hotel in srinagar, hotel near dal lake
    Booked Via - Makemytrip.com
    Personal Rating - 4/5

Hotel Greenland - Kargil

Good accommodation and hospitality. No restaurant available at this place. Parking facility available.

Link to the website - Hotel Greenland Kargil, Hotels in Kargil, Kargil Hotels, Hotels in Kashmir
    Booked Via - Walkin
    Personal Rating - 4/5

Hotel Malik Palace - Srinagar

Good accommodation and hospitality. Restaurant and CCD available at this place. Parking facility available.
    Link to the website - Hotel Malik Palace Srinagar, Hotel Located in Boulevard Road Srinagar, Budget Hotels in Srinagar
    Booked Via - Walk in
    Personal Rating - 4/5

Hotel Satyam - Pathankot

Bare Basic accommodation. Parking on the road side and no dedicated parking.

Link to the website - Book Hotel Satyam in Pathankot
    Booked Via - Walk in
    Personal Rating - 2/5

Hotel Stallions - New Delhi, Okla

Excellent accommodation and hospitality. Lovely food, round the clock room service will all the menu items available on request. Parking on the road side and no dedicated parking.

Link to the website - Hotel Stallions
    Booked Via - Walk in
    Personal Rating - 4.5/5

Hotel Ibis - Navi Mumbai

Excellent accommodation and hospitality. Lovely food, Parking facility available

Link to the website - ibis Navi Mumbai hotel - Book your budget hotel in NAVI MUMBAI
    Booked Via - Walk in
    Personal Rating - 4.5/5

If any specific information is required, kindly post the queries. I will revert with the information subject I have those.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    7 people like this.
  5. Mohankv

Mohankv Amatore

bangalore
    Plans for saving up for my trip has started.. Thanks for the cost details till the last rupee..
    1 person likes this.
  6. Add 20% inflation to that if doing it in the next year to be on the safer side..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    1 person likes this.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Off course, even with tolls, fuel cost, food, you name it, it will be costlier and revised every other month, so next year we should be happy if the inflation cost is only 20%.
    1 person likes this.
  8. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Very well written travelogue and some nice crisp pics.

I know I read it late as I was just searching for threads with information for Shri Veshnodevi darshan and found yours.

I felt sad for your uncomplete Leh trip.

Thanks for the logue it helped me in some ways.
    nkrishnap likes this.