1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A glimpse of the Paradise

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nkrishnap, Aug 28, 2013.

1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Nice to know 1st leg B'lore to Udaipur - 1735 kms...:up. How many drivers in your team.

Kiran
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The first leg ended up with 1783 kms. My wife who knew driving was a back up. I was the one who drove all of 7298 kms :)
    6 people like this.
  3. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Bangalore
    I had a similar experience of Losing a memory card. This was after the Factory Visit... but I eventually found it... hope the same for you too!
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    That is awesome.
    so, she must have helped you with logs and photos!
    Any other in the team?
  5. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Awesome Krishna, Waiting for more. I will wait to post questions till you finish. Do not want to disturb the sequence of your posts. Like to do Ladakh one day on my Punto, bt for now its a distant dream.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Finished reading travalogue of venuraja from TBHP on his kawasaki Ninja 250cc,now another one from you.
    Nice writeup with quality pics.
  7. tash22

tash22 Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Krishna
    Just finished reading the Tlog in TBHP and gr8 start to a beautiful TLOG. Keep it coming.:)
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Amritsar - Wagah Border - Golden Temple

With sound sleep the previous night, woke around 9 am and stepped out to see how the weather was. Rain, and it was pouring. So we were confined to the indoors. The rain continued till 4 pm. The plan was to relax and that's what we just did till 4 pm. Got ourselves ready and headed out to Wagah border.

The atmosphere was electrifying with various patriotic songs played, people dancing on our side and total gloom on the other side of the border. A few pics from the flag retrieval ceremony

Wagah Border.jpg

Wagah Border1.jpg

Wagah Border2.jpg

Wagah Border3.jpg

Wagah Border5.jpg

Wagah Border6.jpg

Wagah Border8.jpg

Wagah Border9.jpg

Wagah Border10.jpg

Wagah Border7.jpg

Wagah Border4.jpg

With the retrieval ceremony done, we moved backed to the hotel, freshened ourselves and then it was time to head to the golden temple. The temple is quiet huge, best visited during nights to see the lights on and to keep the heat during the day time away.

Golden Temple.jpg

Golden Temple 1.jpg

Golden Temple 2.jpg

We had langar at the temple and headed back to the hotel thoroughly satisfied with the day's activities.

To be contd..
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    4 people like this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Def very patrioting at the wagah border but what i observed is our side the guy who gives speech exaggerate the patrtiotism on India and an indirect hatredness towards pakistan from his words (screaming, shouting, words usage, etc.) which is not really needed where as on the other side of the gate its not such like that. Any ways not much of an concern on it thought. Apart from that it just chills the bones to be there and overlook at the border. When i visted, there were hardly 50 people from Pakistan side :p The India female army seen there is just :wowStanding near them or next to them i felt i was dwarf yet they were beautiful :p Hats off to them (all army).

Definitely amritsar best avoided during or just after the summer season. Man cant bear the heat. I was very unlucky to not get a proper typical punjabi lassi :(

Very nice pics there Krishna.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  10. PathFindeR

PathFindeR Novizio

Bengaluru

:wow

Yappaaa 7298 KMS.. A W E S O M E is the word.

Please advice us on how you kept yourself awake.. to keep my eyes open i need to feed my tummy..
    1 person likes this.