1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A glimpse of the Paradise

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by nkrishnap, Aug 28, 2013.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hold on mate. All the relevant details will come up including cost and where you will need jerry can, what maintenance required, etc.

Rightly said, will be adding the maps going forward. Adding the map for the 2nd Leg of the journey will need your help in adding it to the first post.

First post map link - http://goo.gl/maps/ReYNI
    2 people like this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh thats great. Sorry for the excitement. It just chills to hear LEH :D Wish i do it one day :)
  3. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
    Hey Krishna,

First of all congratulations to you and your better half for taking that brave pill to drive all the way to Leh. I'm glad that my log was of some help.
    I was wondering whether I'll ever see your car even half as dirty as mine because whenever we met, your car looked almost brand new and mine looked like it just completed a rally stage:D

Seeing the 13th Pic on your opening post was strangely satisfying for me. For a person so obsessed with keeping his car spic and span, this sight must have been terrible!!!! You didn't mention about the extra microfiber towels, car shampoo and ph neutralizer that you carried.

Anyways, these pictures are absolutely beautiful, especially the ones after Rajasthan. Looking forward to the pics where the "real action" commences.
    1 person likes this.
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    No matter how tired I was after reaching Udaipur, I simply could not see the car this dirty. Simply headed to the Car Spa who had shampoo the car twice to get rid of the dirt. Those water magnets, Microfiber cloth did help during the wash.

Have a few more pictures to edit and a few videos to upload. By the way lost on 8 GB card from the 2nd Camera, a good amount of photos lost :A
    1 person likes this.
  5. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Great start Krishna with attention to detail :)

Looking forward to the rest of the journey unfolding, glued to the thread.
    1 person likes this.
  6. PathFindeR

PathFindeR Novizio

Bengaluru
    Awesome Krishna.

Sorry about the Card hope you find it once you cleaning th car

Yes the 13th PIC was explaining the journey.

Only FIAT FAMILY can think of doing this lifetime journeys with their sedans and hatchbacks.
    S Mathur and rhenius like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Excellent opening, Krishna Prasad. Was the stretch between Satara and Pune too bad for Linea with stock GC or was it manageable?
  8. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    No the card along with a spare battery was lost in the hotel in Mumbai when I was rearranging the stuff in the camera bag (only a guess). Search all possible places in the luggage and car, did not find it :(

Definitely doable, even with the old GC levels. What's discomforting is the amount of toll taken and the quality of roads, you simply cannot main any sort of decent speeds. 20-30 kmph itself on some of the stretches is difficult and not to forget the nightmarish two wheelers all the way from Kolhapur to Pune.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    Awesome start to the travelogue!
    Waiting eagerly for more!! :)
  10. Dear Krishna, I wish one day I too could make this trip in my Linea. Waiting to hear more of your adventures. Your comment about the amount of tolls you pay and the quality of roads is so apt, all across the country. We are paying for development but hope our children atleast benefit from all of it. I must commend you that after driving all that way, you manage to go find a car spa and treat the lady to the best beauty treatment possible. Kudos to you. Safe driving. God bless. Awaiting your next reports.