1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A first time car owner who made sure he got the best ;)- FIAT PUNTO

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by naveen2cool, Jun 29, 2012.

1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Hi Fiat lovers,

I have been a visitor to this forum for a long time but found the time only now to introduce myself.
    I got my FIAT GRANDE PUNTO DYNAMIC BNW 1.3 MJD delivered on 23-May-2012 from Concorde Chennai and the story goes like this..

I had been looking out to treat myself with a car for a very long time and had been saving hard for it. I went through numerous reviews on the net for more than 6 months. Initially I thought of getting a car in the budget of 5 lakhs and a diesel car was out of question. I zeroed in on Brio, went for test drive and I liked it very much as the reason being I haven't driven any car in my life other than Premier Padmini with which I learnt driving some 8 years back ;) In the mean time somewhere in my heart I wanted to increase my budget and go for a diesel car as petrol prices were increasing steadily and got the same approved from family members. Fiat always had a special place in my heart and I could still remember the paper cuttings I had during my 6th standard of the FIAT Siena which was to be introduced then:) Took a test drive of Punto and then the other diesels.

BEAT- Rejected the moment I stepped on the gas and you know why :D
    SWIFT- Too very common and also it had a heart transplant, the heart from FIAT :) I didn't care much for the new refreshed look anyways
    FIGO- This car was really good. It almost came close to the Punto. I liked its handling and easy to drive nature and also it had everything packed up at a lesser price. The only thing I didn't like was its appearance.
    SKODA and VW was out of question here after me reading horrifying stories of their service. People say FIAT's service is bad, duh!

Now it was a close call between Punto and Figo. Me being a first time car rider found figo very easy to drive. But its appearance and very common on roads factor put me back. On the other hand I liked everything on Punto and price was the only concern. Other realtives and family members were constantly pushing me to book a Swift. After all the thinking, pushing, pulling and stuffs I went straight to Concorde Chennai and booked myself a Punto Dynamic bnw. It has been a month since I got my car and have clogged 2500 kms of happy hours on ODO :)

Wish there will be a teamfiat meet just like the yelagiri one soon and will make sure I bring my pingu to the meet. Oh, ya my cars name is pingu as someone finds Punto's nose similar to the penguin Pingu :D

Will post a ownership thread along with the pics soon.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome naveen with the Grande, and the nick name is good to hear "Pingu"
    Wanna see the pictures of the pingu, do take your relatives on the drive with the pingu whi had recommended for the swift, within no times they will bend towards the pingu for its highway tours and the curves and the bumps which the pingu takes..
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats for your Punto. I liked your title which is suited for your purchase
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks Tony, Will surely create a ownership thread with the booking experience and also with the pics of Pingu :)
    All the people who adviced me to get a swift have never been in a swift nor they know that a car called Punto Exists.
    I took one of them while getting the delivery of my car, he was like "Oh! This car is from TATA. It should be a good car then" :D
    To tell you the truth, the brand TATA convinced my dad that Punto should be a good car :p
    TATA has really helped FIAT sell some cars as in my case :)

Thanks SunGoa :)
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah great naveen,
    But remove that worm of tata from the mind, or else they will propogate more saying FIAT is owned by tata, where else its the FIAT's engine running on vista, manza, dejire, sx4-Diesel, ritz-Diesel.
    And let the FAT bug bite them.....