1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Fiat Harmony in Kodai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ramjn, May 8, 2012.

1. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Generally my wife doesnt say anything when I drive fast or corner fast. But that day was insanity re-defined from my side.. Not sure, what speed I was doing tailing Ranjith closely. Every blind curve and even U turns were done at super high speeds which forced her to lose her cool on me.. but all in all, those 4kms of drive thru the ghats was super fun with FIAT just hugging the road as though it was running on rails.

and Enki, those facts about FIAT CEO coming in a FIAT Abarth were cool actually. never knew that..
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

More than 500 abarth, I am amazed the complements for Panda by Montezmolo. Mind it, the guy sells the most expensive cars world will ever see, the Prancing horse. He admires an "A" segment car among the cheapest available in Europe with open heart:confused:. It's one of the cheapest compact available in Europe.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That boat is owned by the owner of the kodai home stay :).
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My wife says while turning in high speed in Ghats she gets nausea and fatigue. She open the window and let the fresh air to come inside. The low pressure , lack of oxygen and the humming noise of the engine brings uneasiness.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Some more pictures

The road to Berijam Lake
    DSC_0486.jpg

My ride on the same road
    DSC_0484.jpg

pdranjith & ramjn's ride
    DSC_0569.jpg

Sathya working hard to take pictures - Once again
    DSC_0529.jpg
    4 people like this.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Picture time again folks - Some flowers present in the Home Stay. All pictures taken with my Mobile camera

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0453.jpg

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0473.jpg

DSC_0471.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0465.jpg
    4 people like this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Those yellow flowers could have been avoided till LL meet his S10. :D
    Wow! apart from boating the homestay owner has some passion for gardening also. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  8. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Teky.. why this Kolaveri on me. huh?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Harmony continued at Munnar

Here's a adventurous road which my Linea encountered recently at Munnar. I was not able to locate the resort (Glenmoor) and I called them. They came over to guide me. The driver came in a jeep and told me that we need to climb down 600 mts down hill to reach the resort. He also told that all cars can do that road. Only when I realized that there is some surprise is in store for me :). And yes, it was really a thrill drive.

1.jpg

After the below junction, the Jeep took the downhill right side road and it just vanished from my sight in a matter of few seconds. Only then I realized how steep the road should be.

2.jpg

Some shots of the adventurous road.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Interestingly I did not scrape anywhere during downhill drive. But, while climbing up I scraped twice. I was again following the jeep where my wife and kid took a safe ride in it. My wife denied to sit in my Linea ( :confused) for that road and she preferred to sit in the jeep.

6.jpg
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
    5 people like this.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Some more shots

Some photographs taken at the Gardens.

DSC01870.jpg

DSC01875.jpg

DSC01931.JPG