1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Fiat Harmony in Kodai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ramjn, May 8, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Some snaps of Day 1

We took a short break here (Just before ghat section to Kodai) when Ranjith and Sathya wanted to fuel their cars.

DSC01744.jpg
    DSC01745.jpg

teky's GP

DSC01741.jpg

We again had a stop here to enjoy the mist.

DSC03724.jpg

DSC03729.jpg
    Murphy_Fiat, jaggu916, Tony and 5 others like this.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Some more pictures

Ramjn's poetry on wheels
    DSC_0414.jpg

Sathya's True-Jet
    DSC_0404.jpg

DSC_0423.jpg

Sathya trying to gain his white lady's attention, However she was more interested to conquer the roads!
    DSC_0417.jpg
    8 people like this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Who is making the magic potion behind the Linea(3rd photo)? Or is it ramjn burning his poetry about Linea after not getting satisfied with the stanza?
    Or is it wicked witches trying to harm the angels.:lol:
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Some more shots

Some more pictures before we move on to Day 2.

My MJD and Ranjith's MJD

DSC01743.jpg

My MJD on way to Kodai

DSC01746.jpg

linealover with his Lover :D

DSC03726.jpg

Sathya's Jet and my MJD parked at the Home stay

DSC01756.jpg
    7 people like this.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    About Kodai Home Stay

Well, we all were relieved when we finally arrived and cheked-in to the Home Stay. We were hungry as the time has already surpassed 2 PM. We asked for the menu for lunch and it was given to us. They informed us that they will charge 30% service charge for whatever item we order :eek:. I still couldn't understand their logic behind this. We ordered our food and it arrived after around an hour. Only then we realized that it was being bought from some other hotel and served here. But, the service charge of 30% is just too much. They just dumped all the food packets to us without any plates, bowls, spoons, water, etc, etc. Our emotions went high as if we saw 100 new swift dezires together. We immediately raised this issue to the Kodai Home Stay owner lady Ms. Asha. Her polite reply was that they haven't yet handled such big crowd of people. We realized that there won't be any use of entering into an argument with her. We ourselves decided to arrange for the food.

So, beware about Kodai Home Stay guys. No food. No service. No parking. No hospitality.

DAY 2

After a very good night sleep, I woke up little early at 7 AM (courtesy - My daughter :)). I came out and ordered for the tea. I was very thankful to them that at least they were able prepare the tea for us. The plan was to visit the Berijam Lake for the day. To visit this place, we need to drive around 20 kms inside the protected forest area for which permission from the forest department is mandatory. As I already have knowledge on the process, things became little easy for us. Since, we had 5 cars with us, we need to get the permission for 5 cars. Me, Sathya, Ranjith, Ranjith's friend, and linealover's brother went in a single car to the forest department to get the approval for visiting the Berijam Lake. We planned to get the breakfast for all while returning back to the home stay. Unfortunately, that day Kodai was jampacked with hell lot of vehicles and we just got stranded on the road. When we returned to the home stay, it was already 11.30 AM. After the quick breakfast, we started at 12.15 PM and again we just got stranded on the road even before reaching the forest checkpost which was just 5-6 kms away. We we reached the check post, the time was 2PM and thankfully, the forest dept. guys allowed us to enter the forest road. The harmony started again in our drive. The route was just awesome and mindblowing. We stopped in a location for some photographs and then reached the Berijam Lake location. The fiat photography continued here too. After all fun and photographs, we came back to kodai town for food. The time was 7PM. We went to hotel Astoria near the Kodai Bus Station. The vegetarian food here is just awesome. After skipping the lunch and having early dinnner, we went back to the home stay. We were talking about various things (mostly cars) till 2.30 AM. Finally, we decided to shutdown for the day.
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Snaps from Day 2

The Traffic Jam on the way to the forest check post.

DSC03776.jpg

DSC03784.jpg

We stopped in the midst of forest road after the check post on the way to Berijam

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

DSC03789.jpg

DSC03810.jpg

DSC03818.jpg

Ranjith and his friend

DSC03822.jpg

The Fiat Harmony Team :)

DSC03840.jpg

To be continued...
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
    Ravi, jaggu916, Tony and 7 others like this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Day 2 - More Snaps

Beauties lined up at the Berijam Lake

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01805.jpg

DSC01784.jpg

DSC01823.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01793.jpg

You will get to know how this shot was taken soon :)

DSC01796.jpg

Other tourists eagerly taking photographs with our beauties

DSC01800.jpg

Next Generation Fiat Fans? :D

DSC03867.jpg

Some snaps while coming back from Berijam

DSC03917.jpg

DSC01827.jpg

DSC03927.jpg

We spotted Bisons while returning

DSC03935.jpg

To be continued...
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ram, You and friends made me to save my electricity bill. Yesterday I could sleep without AC after watching the coooooool pictures:p
    Wonderful photos.

Bison looks so excited to see the fiat cars especially the cute TW.

At least within next few months few more booking are guaranteed for Fiat.LL is in full fiat mood by wearing fiat Tshirt:D
    4 people like this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

The very 1st pic & yaahh yaahh i can see the FT azure Punto again peeking from background.
    She will never be tired tailing your Linea:A.
    I was lost in your pics completely. Man!! what a beauty of nature & those FIAT's.
    So nice to see FIAT families getting together again & those next gen FIATians.
    Sorry, as i am yet to read the travelogue & will leave it for EOD hrs when i really search for something interesting to read.
    Keep rocking & god bless!!
    2 people like this.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Sun. You are right. LL is very busy in finding a proper medication for this yellow fever :D.

Thanks ENKI. Glad that you enjoyed the pictures.
    BTW, thats not FTA Punto. That is minimal grey Punto which is owned by teky. FTA Punto missed the trip this time :).
    1 person likes this.