1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Fiat Harmony in Kodai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by ramjn, May 8, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Better late than never. We were planning to start a travelogue thread from the day we returned back to Chennai on 30th April 2012. Some how, we were not able to do it. Now, the time has permitted me start this thread :D.

DSC03795.jpg

Who are all included in that "We"? - linealover, pdranjith, ramjn, Sathya_sc and teky.

Planning

This is also one of the adventurous phase in our whole trip. We all were on phone from 10PM to 12.30AM on one fine evening searching for the accommodation. Where did we search? Well, we were open for any location and that we should get good accommodation within our budget which is at least 500 km away from Chennai. We called hotels, resorts, home stays at Ooty, Kodai, and Munnar. Finally we decided on Kodai. We booked our accommodation at the Kodai Home Stay. We all planned to leave from Chennai on the night of 27th April and come back to Chennai on the night of 30th April.

To be continued...
    11 people like this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    nice start ramjn!! eagerly waiting to read more..
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Good start, nice photos and roads are getting wet by Wine:p
    The thread title is fantastic.
    Difficult to identify the identical Bosonowa triplets:confused:
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks shams.

Thanks Sun.

Even I am confused now :D. Following are cars in the order you see in the photograph.

linealover - TW Linea MJD
    Me - BNW Linea MJD
    Sathya_sc - BNW Linea T-Jet+
    pdranjith - BNW Linea MJD
    teky - Minimal Grey GP MJD.
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
    2 people like this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ram, In the above picture LL is front and considering the fact that you haven't made any promise to your family about any ---kmph limit and the presence of a Tjet in the team, it looks that LL has broken the promise to his family ;)
    Am I correct?

Waiting for the next part of harmony...

(Note: This post is a reply to ramjn's post and how the reply came before the post?. Causality violated)
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Day 1

We all were eagerly waiting for the day, 27th April (Friday) to get started for the trip. Unfortunately, Sathya had some official committment in Bangalore on that day. His plan is to drive down to Bangalore on 27th and then join with us at Dindigul on the early morning of 28th April (Saturday).

We decided to start from our usual meeting point near MCC (Madras Christian College) at Tambaram. Our planned start time was 12 AM. The decided route was Chennai-Trichy-Dindigul-Palani-Kodai. I made a call to linealover, teky, pdranjith at round 11.30PM. I was shocked to know that linealover was already at the MCC meeting point. I reached the MCC meeting point by 11.50PM. Soon, teky also arrived there. We decided to move on and wait at the Perungalathur Junction for Ranjith to join us. When we entered the GST Road, Ranjith was on his way and we are set to start.

Since, linealover made a promise to his family members that he will drive at the speed of 80 KMPH, he was the slowest and left behind :D. The traffic condition also did not favor us much. There was huge traffic on the highway with lots of buses and trucks. We broke for tea near Ulundurpet and we were waiting for linealover to arrive. Once he reached there, we started again. The road appeared to be free after the Ulundurpet toll. Ranjith and me did some good speed till the Samayapuram Toll. We decided to have another tea break at Trichy. We stopped on the Dindigul Road in Trichy. After a 30 minute break, we continued our drive to Dindigul. I got a call from Sathya saying that he is on his way to Dindigul at about 50 kms away. The plan is perfect. All can sync at Dindigul and start our Harmony drive to Kodai :).

To be continued...
    5 people like this.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Lol, not really! We allowed him to park his car in front at least.

Given a chance I don't think he will admit defeat to T-Jet. He keeps trying hard.
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    True. linealover kept his promise and his Linea rewarded him with the awesome FE.
    2 people like this.
  9. What ever said, driving Punto (should be Linea too) at 60-80Kmph speed is a wonderful experience. It glides like a knife-in-butter, hug curves like an art, and finally returns good fuel efficiency.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    We were doing good speeds in Trichy-Dindigul stretch thanks to the wonderful laid road. It being early morning there was sparse traffic and we were able to gun down it fast. Somehow Ramjn decided that he is part of a mileage run after the fast run until Trichy and was accompanying linealover's car. It seems there was a brick placed by LL's family beneath the accelerator, otherwise I can't imagine the speeds he was mentioning to me. I lost sight of pdranjith very soon and was continuing my journey alone, post sometime I was feeling sleepy and decided to stop the car for a while to have a power nap. Pulled the car over next to a truck lay-by and tried sleeping, nothing happened and started rolling the car in next 5 minutes. I had wonderful rider in Yamaha R15 giving company along some time, He was clocking consistent 120 along in some corners too. Reached Dindigul and caught up with pdranjith who reached there good 20 minutes ago, heard from Ramjn that Sathya is going to join us so asked to stop somewhere in Dindigul-Palani stretch. We started moving to find a suitable spot for stopping our cars and we took a wrong exit and had to make a U-Turn, saw pdranjith making full use of Linea's dynamics during that turn. Heard from my friend in his car he was all over :D. We stopped near a Hotel and waiting for rest of the gang, they turned up post 20 minutes and we continued our journey toward Palani. It was quite a sight to watch Triplet's on road and it was getting strange reaction from Public as well. The roads were okay and we couldn't do consistent speeds in this stretch, However saw some run by Sathya & pdranjith and they both vanished and ramjn was next once he spotted something lucrative. Received a call from ramjn that he had stopped for a breakfast at a spot. Sathya, pdranjith were waiting for mine & LL's car and we soon landed at the hotel. The food itself was very much average and somehow galloped some food to keep us running.

We started our trip toward Kodai, remember we were taking a different route than the usual route based on ramjn's suggestion. This route itself was with sparse traffic and absolutely scenic, no words can describe the beauty. Having being fed with Chennai's heat for very long the greenery around us was so welcome. pdranjith & Sathya tanked up their Linea's in petrol station just before the start of ghats. It had rained previous 3 days in Kodai and hence the weather was awesome as we start going up. We stopped at a few places to take some pictures and the onlookers reaction was too good to watch. We had some nice lessons done for a i10 who was driving as if he landed in Monaco with a Ferrari, He would still be regretting his move of irritating us. We reached Kodai and called up the home stay owner for directions, She asked us to enquire at another hotel and they would be guiding us. Soon we parked the cars close to Coaker's walk and waited for Ramjn to turn up along with hotel guy. Soon we started following the guy and about 2-3 kms landed in a by lane and there was a steep incline and the guide quickly moved into another by lane which ramjn could hardly notice. So we were all standing in queue on steep incline and were asked to reverse, After ramjn moved pdranjith & mine were in queue - how much ever we accelerate and burn the clutch the car wouldn't move forward and instead reverse. Somehow post lots of tries pdranjith's car moved uphill, I thought let's try the handbrake technique were you keep the handbrake engaged and providing accelerator input and at about certain RPM release the handbrake. It turned down to be a dud as well, Later Sathya & LL's brother pushed the car from back and with some hard acceleration I had cleared it. Once we moved up I was shown this is the route to the home stay and I was shell shocked, it had nothing but mud with steep incline and some craters as well. While we were gauging a road a by-stander came and asked

Are you all from Chennai?
    Yes.

Do you guys work for Fiat?
    No

Are you guys some mechanic?
    No

Then why are you in a group of Fiat's

I replied we are all part of Fiat Fan Club - To which he asked Fan club for Fiat Wonderful!

With some help of LL's brother guidance we cleared the route and landed at the home stay. Unloaded all the luggage and settled in our rooms and we were all damn hungry and hence decided to order food.

Will be continued
    2 people like this.