1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A few questions related to my I20

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by HopeNGlory, May 29, 2014.

1. HopeNGlory

HopeNGlory

Andheri E
    All,

Thanks to all the members of Team Fiat, there is so much information and I am getting addicted to the website a few times in a day. I have recently purchased a i20 (second hand-2011 Asta) and I am very new to the roads, have learned driving just a few months ago, still learning. One has to be very careful of the kamakazi bikers (no offence intended) and the daring auto rickshaws (.. I drive a Auto.. Bajaj auto .. 007 (James... James Bond) again no offence intended), it has been fun to drive and move away from a TATA NANO to i20, I do feel that Nano is not a very safe car, definitely outside city..

So far one incident where a tourist innova, scratched the back bumper :eek: , not that bad but the side bumpers took much of the hit

I have a few novice questions, all your help and advise is highly appreciated

1. I got the car when it has done 20k, it has been a month and we have completed 1000 kms, the car is used as a primary source for commute to office, school, classes and there were 2 long distance trips. do I need to worry about servicing the car before the rains or shd I completed 25k and then service
    2. I got a few accessories, i.e. mats, perfume, side bumpers, changed the horn (BTW the car horn in i20 does not do the trick), wipers,
    2.a - should I buy side beadings, considering the side bumpers have already helped.
    3. safety is always of prime importance, hence I was looking for a top end model and settled for Asta with Aribags and ABS, how important is a car seat in Indian driving conditions, considering that I am a newbie, I will consider it very important but looking for opinion.
    Any other advise is also welcomed..

I have also done some radium work will post better picture later, loving it as it is my first car :dance

thanks
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    i20 in a FIAT forum :confused: NICE

I don't think many people here would know the Service schedule of an i20. However it is advice-able to get the car serviced given that the maintenance done by the previous owner is not know. Unless, offcourse you checked the service history of the vehicle before buying and see that it was serviced recently.

What are side bumpers? New option on i20?

Car Seat is very Important :D there is no other option.

PS: No offence meant
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello HopeNglory, I will try and answer few question of yours.

1. While buying the car from first owner you would have received the owners manual. Check it and follow the service interval as mentioned there. Some general checkups for rainy season can be always done but proper servicing schedule should be followed to maintain warranty(If its still under so.)

2. Side mouldings are only helpful for minor brushes/rubbings and adds a bit to looks of a car. Nothing purely utility. It should be your call.

3. I didnt understood what 'car seat' did you mentioned? Did the ones which come for children?

Happy Riding!!
    1 person likes this.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    So you own Hyundai i20 and you are planning to put Abarth side stripes on i20? :eek:
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
  6. HopeNGlory

HopeNGlory

Andheri E
    thanks VJ_V1 for your reply, I know it sound a bit odd, i20 on a fiat forum, well I did test drive a few fiat punto, also paid a token amount but it just did not workout, I was not getting well good fiat punto, the one were all 2009 models, having done 45k + kms. I will did check the service history it has been done at regular / timely intervals by the previous owner and yes "Baby/Toddler car seats, very important, will probably get one this weekend.

since I am a newbie to driving did not want to buy a new car, I did go the the fiat showroom in Mumbai and almost booked a 1.2 fire Petrol Punto but was not confident of my driving skills so started looking for a second hand, you never know may be a Fiat Punto Adevnture, can be on the list..
    PS : no offence taken :)

thanks pabishek for your reply, may be I wont go for the side mouldings, and yes I mean the car seat for toddlers

Kedar, humm..I have customized rather personalized the stripes, no Abarth side stripes on my car but something else, although the red stripes will post pictures later..
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Let me guess, did you changed the Abarth letters with something else? :confused:
  8. HopeNGlory

HopeNGlory

Andheri E
    yes mate.. I did... :)
  9. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    if u have a small child then car seat will be really useful I have one in my car.
    1 person likes this.
  10. HopeNGlory

HopeNGlory

Andheri E
    thanks, yes the plan is to buy a car seat..