1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A few questions on 3M

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by Geared Up, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Geared Up

Geared Up

Chennai
    Hi folks,

I am looking to get my year and a half old car for a 3M paint sealant treatment. I see that some 3M outlets are doing steam wash instead of the foam wash 3M's are used to. Is Steam wash better than Foam wash? If yes, why? Which branch of 3M do you recommend in Chennai? I am closer to both Nungambakkam and Santhome branch. Santhome I hear is the only branch with Steam wash.

Appreciate any help.

Cheers.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Geared Up,

Do fix an appointment with the Nungambakkam branch. Mr.Dushy the manager there is very customer friendly and is also aware of FIAT Forums. He said that he takes special care of FIAT cars as all FIAT owners are very demanding :D

In my opinion, steam wash just saves water and nothing else. I prefer normal pressure wash to steam wash.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I agree with Naveen. Goto Nungambakkam branch and meet Mr. Dushy there. He very well knows about Fiat owners and does his best to satisfy them. :)
    4 people like this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I am one of those demanding Fiat owners. :D Dushy has been very cooperative. I installed sun films and 2 windows were having bubbles. Went back and after some talking they were promptly changed. Similarly after a 4k detailing session the car had few spots which were overlooked, it was also taken care of.

I have been to the Santhome outlet too and they are not as friendly and professional.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    2 people like this.
  5. Geared Up

Geared Up

Chennai
    That's 3-0 for Nungambakkam. Looks like it will be pretty much a one sided contest. Thanks guys. Expecting more people to advise me on the same. And I am still not able to get clarity on the differences between steam and the foam wash. The internet surprisingly has got nothing or very little information on it.
    2 people like this.
  6. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I have a steam cleaner at home and it really cleans well the floor,wardrobes, matress etc. Very useful for oily and tough stains in Kitchen etc.
    For sometime now I was thinking of using the same on my car but affraid whether it will cause any damage to the paint due to the heat.:eek:
    I will try in my wife's Swift first ......:-D
    2 people like this.
  7. Geared Up

Geared Up

Chennai
    Why do I feel that is not the brightest idea I have heard.:p

I have also been reading good comments on Carz Spa in Nandanam. They are charging about 2000 bucks less than 3M for the same advanced paint sealant job. This is a head ache which I don't need. I was convinced on 3M. But the steep price difference is making me reconsider. Any suggestions?
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

You should be mistaken. What cost does Carz Spa charge? 1.3k?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You can try that on any car without any doubts. Steam cleaners do not generate steam hot enough to melt paint, unless you linger on one spot for extended periods of time. The steam cleaner will certainly do an excellent job with the upholstery, especially if it is fabric.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  10. Geared Up

Geared Up

Chennai
    The 3M advanced paint sealant program is 5800 + taxes. I asked the Carz Spa for the same treatment and they quoted 3200. But looking at your skepticism, they may have misunderstood me.
    1 person likes this.