1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Ferrari Hatchback - Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari

Discussion in 'Fiat Global News' started by CountRock, Jun 30, 2011.

1. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I just noticed this now! But an interesting idea for a Ferrari hatch, even though it is just a slightly beefed up Abarth 500!

Nevertheless it looks amazing! But it is pointless at the price they are asking for! close to $50,000, which is almost twice the price of the Abarth 500!

abarth695tributo630.jpg
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is this a ferrari hatch concept? I still see Abarth logos in the front and on the alloys.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    For $50 grand in the U.S. , i'd rather take the top of the line Shelby GT 500 and do 100 feet+ rolling burnouts and powerslides just to roast the rear tires!

Its really overpriced.
  4. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It is a Fiat Abarth Ferrari edition kind of a car! It is not a concept! Its a limited edition!
  5. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    ..just spotted one at my service station ::OO right next to my car!

VELOCAM165.jpg

okay a bit closer....

VELOCAM166.jpg

a bit more ;)

VELOCAM167.jpg

tats it..was shy to move around and capture few more shots ...actually shud hav :uh captured a bit more

anyways here are some brief breakup as conversed by the ppl around....

- just its rear texting etc costs around 30k not the main monogram/logo
    - alloys @ 70k plus for just 1no.
    - silencer setup around 1.5-2 lakh
    - overall it costs 70 lakh plus
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  6. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    you know what.... my car still looks BIGGER ::T

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

..think i am off topic...MODS please move my content to hanggout...i thought i was in hangout section itself when i posted. Thanks.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i dont think so.........
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    +1. Some one might have bought a 500 and could have done something similar to Kedar.
  9. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    guys check these links out...maybe it gives an idea on the pricing front and some justification ;) ....but wait FERRARI BADGE ITSELF COMMANDS A PREMIUM PRICE forget about the tech specs justification !!!

Officially Official: Fiat confirms Abarth 695 "Tributo Ferrari" for Frankfurt debut

Abarth 500 Ferrari edition now available - August - 2010 - Which? News

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

EXCERPTS FROM THE ABOVE LINK ---

"Called the 695 Tributo Ferrari, the special Cinquecento packs a 1.4-liter 16-valve turbo four tuned by Abarth and Ferrari engineers to produce over 180 horsepower, snorting through a variable exhaust system and mated to a paddle-shift automated manual transmission. 17-inch rims crowd the little wheel wells, mounted to a sport-tuned suspension and packing 284mm Brembo brake discs."

AND ALSO

To improve acceleration, the car is fitted with performance tyres on 17'' alloy wheels featuring a design inspired by Ferrari wheels. The suspension and braking systems have also been strengthened to cope with the extra power: 284 mm multi-section discs with fixed four-piston calipers, both by Brembo, and special shock absorbers let you enjoy performance in total safety.

And of course there is a "Record Monza" variable back-pressure "dual mode" exhaust, designed to improve engine performance and deliver an inspiring sound over 3,000 rp
    m.

The interiors are also personalised and demonstrate the attention to detail and the sporting style that are common to both brands. "Abarth Corsa by Sabelt" seats are fitted and finished in black leather with a shell and seat base in carbon fibre. These seats offer a perfect blend of racing characteristics – light weight (10 kg less than the standard seat) and the ability hold the body steady against lateral and longitudinal forces, thanks to body support elements filled with crush-resistant foam – with the ergonomics and comfort of road seats.

Attention to detail has gone into the floor too: the foot wells are covered entirely in non-slip aluminium and the racing pedals are personalised with the Scorpion logo. The interior is embellished with other details too, like special kick plates and a plate bearing the vehicle series number.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

agree with N Kiran......

again.. there are people with lots of money.. not knowing how to spent them...

the picture above..i dont think its 695 Tributo Ferrari... seeing the pin stripes... this one is white, whereas the original is in grey... more reasons to agree with N Kiran...
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012