1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A drives Vs MRF ZLO

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by bak, Apr 14, 2012.

1. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys, please help me deciding the tyre. 185 70 R14, A drives quoted 3700 (3800 effective) ZLO quoted 4300 (4200 effective).
    Priorities are good grip (dry and wet) and comfort. Please provide your suggestions as planning go for change on Monday.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Take blindly ZLO, much better than A-Drive.
    1 person likes this.
  3. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Ravi. More suggestions are welcome
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The two tires are in different segments.

Economy oriented vs performance oriented.

We have the A drives on the Palio D and they've withstood a lot of abuse on village roads and no roads. So definitely India proof. Noise is okay-ish. But they're much better than the Aceleres of the Linea. :hit
  5. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Gurjinder, i went ahead with ZLO's one thing quite evident is the noise, it has certianly went down, infact i can hear only engine sound@60kmph, yet to test speeds above that, no diffirence to steering effort. What would be the ideal pressure?
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I use A-drives..in my Punto ..and its superb value for money..good looks...looks good on Punto...ok road noise...superb dryweather grip..does pretty well in wet too tested in wet conditions for about 50kms tdy in heavy rain..it was really stable....in dry weather both car & tyre beats to my tunes on steering...

DOn't know about ZLO..there are some reviews..which says the stock ones which come with swift are not great..so donno...

If anyone going with A-drive..go for it...
  7. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I was planning to change shoes of my Punto. Search about verious options and found excellent feedback about MRF ZLO. Finally I decided to get ZLO installed and moved towards BK Tyre, New Delhi. I enquired about MRF ZLO and sales person told me that it's a very good tyre but at the same time, he suggested me to try A drives. He told that A drive has same grip as ZLO, has longer life than ZLO, same road noise as ZLO. He turned me towards A drive. BK Tyres is a genuine name here in Delhi so I accepted his advise.

I was using JK Tornado 165/85/R14 which is one of the worst product in market these days. May be I am wrong but this is what I am aware of.

Tyres were upgraded to A Drives 185/70/R14 and I moved on. I don't see any issue in pickup with 185 profile. But when I speed up, I found that A drive is very very noisy...!!!. Yes it's more noisy than JK T. My Punto was packed in hummmmmming sound completly.

I got very fed up only in 10 kms and called to BK Tyre. They asked me to come back. A test drive was done with their executive. He was not ready to accept that this is noisy but at the same time he said that they need me to be satisfied in first place so ZLO was in picture again.

It took around 20 minutes to get ZLO installed. This is much much better tyre than A drive. Very silent, very comfortable, braking\handling\ cornering have improved a lot. I've not tested braking in wet condition so no feedback about it.

This is really an excellent product from MRF.

Cost Factor:
    A Drive : Rs 4200
    MRF ZLO: Rs 3800
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
    3 people like this.
  8. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After change to ZLO, had 3000Km drive over last two weeks. Quiet satisfied with the tyres. Noise is very much less when compared to OEM (Bridgestones B250) on both tar and cement surfaces. Could only hear engine noise till 70-80Kmph and tyre noise after that is very minimal. Held the line while cornering.
    1 person likes this.
  9. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    ZLO's are very Noisy , I own Zlo's , Noise disappears after50kmph speed . First i thought its Bearing Noise , later found tyres to be the problem. Now living with it the Humming Noise. Braking and Comfort are good , First set, so cant compare to others on Punto.
  10. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Ditto same problem here. Iam using 195/60 R15 on my punto and they are making noise like that of a faulty bearing. At first I too thought that bearings might have gone kaput but TASS people confirmed that bearings are ok, its the zlos which are creating noise. To get assured, made them checked another set of tires and noise was gone.

Zlos DO CREATE THIS IRRITATING 'grr grr' kinda noise :-( rest it is very good tire