1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Dilemma for installing components

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by samyakmodi, May 16, 2011.

1. gvkv

gvkv Timido

Hyderabad
    Thanks for the reply Phew...a shop guy told me that an Amp is must for Components hence my doubt.
    Dont have enough budget for an amp as of now :(.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As long as you are pleased with the sound no need to opt for an amp

Waheguru Waheguru.
  3. Why don't you try out the Focal Access 165 compos as well? I decided to go with them instead of the Alpine SPR 17S. I'm happy with the decision.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Dilemma for components

To

Samyak modi
    My personal advice not go for any compnent system. Coz stock HU have only 30x4 power output.I had compared Helix component with regular helix speakers on Kenwood HU connected with additional amp

I found that differance was not so much noticable on high power 50x4 Kenwood boosted with additional amp.

Where as there was not any noticable differance in output even on 50 x4 kenwood with amp then I don't think that stock HU of 30x4 will give any more than sufficient output with component system.

Output any HU without additional external amp, always depends on internal pre-map (internal amp of HU)

I have upgraded with 6 '' KENWOOD door speakers on stock HU. Decent ouput is there.One most important pros of kenwood series is that you get feel of live concert programme.

e.g. - If you play any gazal you will say that live telecast of gazal programme is going on in your car.So don't waste your money. Simply upgrade 6'' door speakers of kenwood. & enjoy the MJD
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  5. Bhai, can you provide the model number, type (comp or coax) and purchase and installation cost for the Kenwood speakers in your system?
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ VikramCo-axle 3 way 6'' Kenwood door speakers.Model No. KFC-M1632A. I got set of 4 for Rs.4800/- with installation cost in Pune.at Bhandari Auto Agency on JM Road.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Wow, great.. will try them sometime as well before i finalise mine.. The RMS wattage is the closest i have come across yet for the stock HU rating..