1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Dilemma for installing components

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by samyakmodi, May 16, 2011.

1. samyakmodi

samyakmodi Novizio

Indore
    Hi,

I have been reading all the threads for ICE here, but to be honest haven't been satisfied or been able to understand the visual lingo for the speaker's output.

Even if I could understand the thread, and liked the setup (by reading that is - no clue how it will sound) it turns out to be way too expensive or too tedious. Not sure how many of noobies like me would be able to understand it.

Was hoping to get some basic knowledge from the gurus here, regarding what all needs to be considered while installing a new speaker system. I mean not all of us would be hip-hop or house music listener, and ofcourse not all travelling in the car would have the same kind of taste when it comes to music. So would really appreciate if someone could shed some light on what should be the optimum configuration while installing new speaker systems. something like - one size fits all -- without being prohibitively expensive.

P.S:: would also like to know reviews about Alpine Component speakers (17S) as all I have seen here is Rockford Fosgate OR JBL OR Infinity - and no mention of Alpine. Is it that bad OR is it just unpopular??
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @samyakmodi,

Alpine speakers are good.

Only problem is that they are not widely available, hence there could be issues with support. Also, you will have to be sure that they are genuine - meaning, an authorised dealer who will give bill and warranty.

I have installed MTX speakers. I am happy with them. You could see my thread "Speaker change on my emo pk". Another brand that is vfm, and has impressed me is Bull.

Regards
    Johnny
  3. samyakmodi

samyakmodi Novizio

Indore
    any idea about helix component speakers??
  4. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    Hey samyakmodi, you might be ibntrested in Polk db6501 i am presently using it even Guru one of the TFI members got it installed are awesome and VFM sound quality is good with right blend of vocals bass and treble. and is availiable in most of the Big car accessories shops.
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Ansal11 has the Polk's in his T-Jet+ as well and I think he is happy with them.
  6. Rizzou

Rizzou

Hyderabad
    I bet hez happy... they are awesome speakers i even have a Pold DB component sub and rear coaxial Ovals, are old from my old ride Pioneer 480Watt punch put great vocals, and two Amps to support all of these, one is a 4 Channel Silicon(is a Singapore Brand awesome output) and another is a JBL 2 Channel, done some dampinf in front doors and rear boot door, and i am totally enjoying it... HU is stock blaupunkt as am stuck with the Stearing controld and Blue & Me...
  7. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    i have Kickers... bit costly as compared to Pioneers, Sony or JBL, but worth it... the sound clarity and each beat comes out very well and initially my amp was not tuned well and it used to sound like my investment was down the drain... but Amit (Italia_Linea) did.. some magic and also trned off the loudness on the head unit... now it sounds lot better...
  8. samyakmodi

samyakmodi Novizio

Indore
    yikes!!

more confusion

any reviews about the alpine components??
  9. samyakmodi

samyakmodi Novizio

Indore
    feels weird when your thread goes dead like this.

hasn't anyone tried the alpine component speakers?? OR will I be the first one to experiment with it??
  10. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    +1 i am also using KIcker Compos with JBL 4 channel AMP, DId the tuning myself .. i must say they sound really great, great value for money !! thinkin to remove the Oval spkrs and add another Kicker compos in rear doors+ a JBl 2 channel AMP :D