1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A break from summer

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by pv_krish, May 26, 2014.

1. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Guys,

I would be shifting to a new job this June. :razz:

I have a weeks time in between :dance. Just wanting some suggestions on the best places to visit to break away from the summer heat along with the best route to take and the places to stay.

Please pour in with your knowledge.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Not sure what kind of place you are looking at. You just want to sit and relax at one place or want lot of sight seeing as well? You want to visit a place which or Colder or a pleasant weather is sufficient? Do you love or hate rains? :D
    1 person likes this.
  3. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Any place that I can break away from heat and where I can enjoy nature with photography of course. Even a trek in a natural environment or a jungle trip, cold places, pleasant ones are fine. :D

- - - Merged Post - - -

I can never hate rains
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I suggest you the following the places. Decide yourself and I can then suggest the best route for the place.

1. Wayanad (stay in the area of Thirunelly/Kattikulam/Kutta to enjoy the wildlife and trekking)
    2. Stay around Mudumalai (If interested you can visit Ooty for sight seeing or do night safari and trekking too)
    3. Coorg
    1 person likes this.
  5. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I feel Coorg is a better option, but do not know how the weather would be around this time. I know Coorg is in the middle of the forest and its very close to nature. We can also go to Thala kaveri.

I believe there is one monastery as well.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Coorg will be very good during Monsoon (From June). It is not in the middle of forest, it is indeed surrounded with lot of Coffee plantations. Yeh, you can visit Thala Kaveri, Monastry at Bylakuppe. There is a water fall as well.
  7. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

What is the best route to take? What would be the ideal time to start from Chennai and back from there?
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    How many days do you want to plan?

The ideal route is Chennai-Krishnagiri-Bangalore-Mysore-Hunsur-Madikeri.
  9. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Thanks Ram. I plan to stay for 3 nights max.

Heard from one of my friend that there are only 2 veg home stays there and they were sort of Ok.
  10. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Have you done your trip already? I am just back from my trip and I passed by Madikeri, the weather is pleasant there and not cold. Coorg is not at a high altitude so getting up to Coorg is pretty straight forward when compared to Ooty, Kodai and even Yercaud. The roads are good all the way.