1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A bitter experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Rituraj, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Rituraj Ignore the non believers. On a lighter note for a "Poka axomiya" going to Dimapur is a death wish. Your life is more precious than a car (any car). In life you always move up and then get a better car.

On a side note from what I hear from my relatives and friends VW is quite decent in Guwahati.
    Rituraj likes this.
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    +100
    Couldn't have put it any better.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Rituraj, it is just a question of economics, as you know but refuse to acknowledge: there just are not enough Fiat owners or enough prospective ones in every town of Assam to justify a FASS/dealership in every location. Hope you can go to Guwahati and get your problems sorted out periodically, if the new FASS is good enough right off the bat, which i do hope for your sake it is. You are just paying the infamous NE India 'tax'!

By all means post about Fiat's abandonment of you guys in Assam, but what about that brutal economic fact in the NE? Fiat has opened several dealers in the hitherto neglected East of the country, recently, including Kolkata, Dimapur, the new Andhra state, and Guwahati. So: they are trying. But i would not bank on them opening a FASS in Jorhat or Kokrajhar, any time soon. The economics of it just don't permit that. Hope the 'service' Mangesh has promised you tides you over till that sadly unlikely occasion.

regards, and cheer up a bit: things might be looking up a tad finally, no?! ;-)
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    @prabhjot : Yes, things have started to look a bit brighter. Nevertheless, let me try and put this as clearly as possible. I never wanted a dealership/service point right in the neighbourhood. What many of us want is a service point at a reasonable location, one that is accessible for most owners. I would start jumping for joy if Fiat came up with a service center even in the 100km radius. I reiterate, the number of Fiat cars (right from the Uno to the Linea), scattered across the state and not just in Guwahati, is very good. I don't mind travelling to Guwahati with my car to get it serviced. The bigger issue is attending to unforeseen scenarios such as breakdowns. That single upcoming dealer will never be able to cover the entire state. All that I and many such as me have asked is to be able to drive our cars without anxiety. Many here have referred to Fiat's tie ups with individual reputed garages in Mumbai. A similar model here will be a win-win situation for both Fiat and the aggrieved owners. Either that or have the dealer organise service camps at strategic locations, which had never happened with the erstwhile Green Valley Fiat, Guwahati.

When my car was plagued with the 'power-loss' issue for a year and half, Green Valley Motors, Guwahati had refused to send a team to help me out, despite even being asked to do so by Fiat India. My car, on the other hand, wasn't in a position to endure a 320km drive to Guwahati. The result was that it had to be almost parked for this entire period. This is the exact scenario that I am extremely fearful of. Since Fiat has sold its products here, I expect them to do anything on their part to ensure that such horror experiences are not repeated. Is it too much to expect from Fiat?
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    still I can't understand the economics of fiat. When Audi merc can sell cars in Duliajan why fiat can't even establish a service point. You will be amazed to see the no of Harleys and higher class Kawasakis here in duliajan. The no of linea tjets sold from Gargo motors was higher then Guwahati. This dibrugarh district is one of the richest districts in the country as there is oil fields fertilizer plants power plants coal mines and a gas cracker is being constructed. Every car company has rushed to Dibrugarh with full fledged showrooms after this Brahmaputra cracker and polymer lts has been started by GAIL. Moreover this place produces largest amount of tea in the world.Sorry for my poor English and hijacking this ownership thread.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
    prabhjot and Rituraj like this.
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is again offtopic----
    Searched the websites of AUDI,MERC,HARLEY & KAWASAKI---only KAWASAKI has a showroom in ASSAM, in GUWAHATI, as per information available from the websites of these 4 companies.
    AUDI,HARLEY & MERC. have no showroom in the north-east.Correct me if I am wrong.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    You see, people’s perception of a particular place they have never visited is based largely on how it is projected in the media. You can see that in how certain members have put forward their stereotypical and judgmental point of view and have gone on to even vindicate Fiat’s lackluster attitude towards this part of the country.

I think Fiat probably would never be able to come up with a network similar to that of most other manufacturers here. Nobody expects a dealer or a service center in every town or city, but imagine how much easier and safer our ownership experiences would be if Fiat established, at the very minimum, three service outlets to cover the entire state. However, after all the recent communication that I have had with Fiat India, I get the impression that they are looking at having just one dealer who will later conduct ‘outreach’ camps to reach out to current owners who are located beyond its coverage area. This is essentially a flawed strategy and would be inadequate to handle unforeseen and dire scenarios such as breakdowns.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @Rituraj: we empathize with your situation and we wholeheartedly wish that Fiat with all due business ethics start supporting the existing owners by starting a service point take care of the maintenance part.

Coming to your ownership thread, all this thread contains are the discussions around the lack of service support and members refuting and defending each side. An ownership thread is not just ranting about lack of service or issues faced. The real value addition would be documenting how you are dealing with maintaining your car and resolving any issues that you are facing. It will immensely help people in similar situation not only in Assam, else where in the country too. There are threads around this topic and the discussion should be continued there.

Now looking forward to your experience with the resolution to the issues faced than just the lack of Fiat service points.

Note: Please discuss the about the service coverage and related issues here - http://teamfiat.com/threads/fiat-dealers-service-centers-coverage-and-issues.12939/ and let this remain an ownership thread. Any further posts on the same topic will invite moderation.
    pabhishek, pv_krish and prabhjot like this.
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Okay, here’s an update. The ‘spot visits’ that Fiat was supposed to conduct never happened. Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar had himself assured me about 35 days back that all issues will be addressed through these ‘spot visits’. Alas, that too was just another one of those false assurances that Fiat India has become so adept in providing. Just see how shamelessly Fiat lists Mahesh Motors, Guwahati as one of its dealers/service centers, when it is yet to commence operations even now in the month of December. (Mods, please allow this bit on service.)

Meanwhile, my car has become a mess of rattles of all kinds – rattles from the boot, from the dashboard, suspension and what not. The rpm and engine noise still fluctuate like crazy during cold starts. Thankfully, perhaps through some divine intervention, the jammed bonnet suddenly opened up normally after remaining jammed for 2 and half months. :wacky:
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    You've stuck for long enough now with the service (non-service) woes, just a bit longer. Ever considered writing to Mr. Nagesh :)