1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A bitter experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Rituraj, Sep 1, 2014.

1. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    @Rituraj what about the garage oriental motors you mentioned earlier in jorhat? How do they source parts?
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Earlier the guys from Oriental Motors had sourced parts from Green Valley Fiat, Guwahati. Not sure how they are managing now. I haven't visited them in a while. I just wish Fiat accepts their proposal and makes them an authorised service center. I will speak to the owner and update you on this.
    punto11 likes this.
  3. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Rituraj, did you consider speaking to FIAT and arranging scheduled service parts, consumables and sundries to be couriered from some authorised dealer in another state? I am sure FIAT would extend this facility for the select few North East patrons. Pucchhne me kya hai?
    On the other hand, we have MANY senior members who share excellent rapport with their ASS. Why not speak to the ASS manager on Rituraj's behalf and see if they can ship him the parts/consumables once a year/need basis?
    Rituraj, you might need to pay a slight premium, but I guess that should be OK. Premium like in paying the service charge as well, MAYBE. I am sure it will not be charged.
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    @puntophile: Finding regular service spares isn't an issue at all. The bigger concern is how to deal with the more serious issues.

I am not sure about the other NE states, but the number of Puntos and Lineas in Assam is definitely large. We are surely not a 'select few patrons'.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Since serious issues is a problem a scanner could help for sure. But nothing replaces experienced technicians. To maybe tackle this problem to some extent you could buy an ELM328 EOBD cable or bluetooth adapter. Some softwares are free, some are pro (paid), maybe try buying some for Android or Windows to work on laptop connected to an OBD port.

You could read or clear common fault codes or service messages also.

EDIT: I mean elm327
    http://www.shopclues.com/gadget-her...scanner.html?gclid=CIHh6MHj3sACFdQWjgodTmgAcQ
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    Rituraj and prabhjot like this.
  6. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Fresh problem- now the bonnet gets jammed after a wash.:mad: Perhaps the lever has stopped working. Any DIY solution guys?
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    The good:
    Finally, Fiat India’s website now lists Mahesh Motors, Guwahati as a dealer/service center. They even have a contact number.;)

The bad:
    The person who responds to my call gives me a different number instead. However, nobody responds to calls on that other number. Calling up the CRM of Mahesh Motors (whose number Fiat had shared earlier) is likewise and exercise in futility, as she too isn’t all that interested in taking calls.

Great sign of things to come!:yuck:
    punto_emotion likes this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Try email before you give up will you.. ;) :p:D
    Great news and Best of luck, btw. Nagesh Basavanhalli indeed was right about his latest interview about setting up dealerships etc.
  10. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Done that already. I am sure I will receive a reply someday. ;):p:D
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 30, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 30, 2014 ---
    Finally, something positive to share with everyone.
    I just received a call from Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar. He informed me that Mahesh Motors, Guwahati will take some more time to start operations. However, Mahesh Motors does have a team of trained technicians, whose services will be utilized to conduct 'spot visits' to help out those customers who have raised 'critical complaints'.
    I think I can finally look forward to having my car back. :)

P.S: @punto11 and other TFIans from Assam, please raise 'critical complaints' asap, if you haven't already done so.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014