1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A bitter experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Rituraj, Sep 1, 2014.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Rituraj, Sad to hear your story after reading whole details. I herad from my friends they are liking Fiat cars but no proper service in Bengal restricting them. Not sure why FIAT is not interested this area or delers are not ready to invest. I have seen Bharat motors are treating customer very well in Bhubaneswar and getting good feedback.

Wish Fiat will sort your issues ASAP and wishing that they built new service center ASAP or provide access to some other service center to do service for FIAT. Not Sure why they didn't set up atleast one sevice center in each state where they had TATA-FIAT Dealer and sold vehicle.
  2. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    @Rituraj Fiat has stopped replying to emails regarding service centers. I mailed to the two ids you gave and no response. What engine oil are you using btw? Yesterday changed my oil to Petronas Syntium 3000 got from Tata dealer. It costs 1840 for a 4 lite can ordering Selenia from 99rpm takes long time thats why I chose syntium. Car drives same as Selenia. Syntium is 5w-40 too. Don't know how it will perform in the long run, planning to change it at 7500km.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
    Rituraj likes this.
  3. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    You can expect that from Fiat India. I am afraid, this non-response to mails isn't an encouraging sign. Perhaps, like many others have suggested, the legal route is the only option left. Have you spoken to other Fiat owners in your vicinity about this? Maybe collectively we can do something about this scenario.
    I am using the same since the past 2k kms or so. It seems to be quite decent. Next time it will have to be Delvac 1 though.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Petronas Syntium 3000 is a good oil too. It is costs around 2200 bucks here in Bangalore. The Mobil 1 Delvac costs almost double at 4200 odd bucks. You cant go wrong with either oils, if you dont mind the cost.

The drain interval of 15K can be followed with the fully sythetic oils. However, if too much stop and go traffic is involved or conditions demands, you can change every 10K kms.
  5. punto11

punto11 Amatore

assam
    Thanks nkrishnap and rituraj for clarification on Syntium. I can happily use it now. It costs less then selenia. For my uses devlac 1 is overkill considering the price. My car sees the highway often. @ritura regarding legal route I don't think it will help. Fiat will simply ignore us. I wrote on 99rpm Facebook page. They said they will open in September or early October. I am emotionality attached to my car so much cannot think of selling it. Most of the maintenance done on the car is done by my own hands.

Mod Note: Please use proper Punctuation and Capitalize the sentences. For information on the posting rules, plrease refer to - http://teamfiat.com/threads/tfi-rules.9288/
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Rituraj Hi, I keep seeing a solitary distributor in Guwahati. I know that you are not based in Guwahati, but in your current predicament can you at least try servicing it once a year in Guwahati?

Far from a reasonable option but just to maintain your car.
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    That's because Fiat India is yet to update its website. The Guwahati dealer that you can see is the erstwhile Green Valley Motors. It had stopped operations a few months back. There is a new one supposedly coming up - Mahesh Fiat, Guwahati.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The new dealer and ASS centre (replacing Garodia) is now operational in Kolkata, apparently. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for the Guwahati one. But the thing is Rituraj, will he manage to sustain himself? I suppose there are many unhappy Fiat owners in Assam who would've ruined the brand name by now, rightly of course, but self-defeatingly i fear?! Methinks Fiat must devise a special mobile-van service in the NE to recover its reputation in Assam etc.
  9. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Prabhjot it's not now,it has been operational for more than one year. Even a second FASS has come up in the form of
    BOSE AUTOMOBILES---
    http://www.teamfiat.com/reviews/item/garodia-fiat-kolkatta.32/discussion?page=5#post-841915494
    prabhjot and Ravi like this.
  10. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    You see, even without the bashing, Fiat wasn't doing us any favours. This is the least that we could do to try and bring them out of their carefree slumber. ;)
    Raj_pol likes this.