1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A bitter experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Rituraj, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    As far as I am concerned, the bashing had stopped once Fiat decided to provide some sort of assistance. It is unfortunate that you call it 'rant'. What you call 'rant' here was posted in response to members who had questioned my intention over posting negative criticism on different forums. Look at post #108 above. That was where the relevant discussion on this thread had ended, before someone decided to hijack the thread.
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The reason all the unwanted stuff is deleted is well known. If one is posting only negative stuff whether warranted or not, over a period of time it is only of nuisance value and readers will perceive it that way whether one likes it or not. What the world sees may not be exact same of what you see. So lets not debate whose point of view is correct. Hope you are getting the drift.

A similar message is also passed to the members dragging the thread off topic.

Going forward if you find such stuff dragging it off topic, report the post rather than replying to such posts. It will be of immense help if this followed to maintain the forum decorum. Hope you understand this and this applies to all the members.
    nibedk likes this.
  3. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Not everything is 'negative stuff'. Look at post #93 onwards. You will find very little negativity there. Besides, negative experiences will generate 'negative stuff' in an ownership thread.

You could have avoided writing this. I find it disrespectful.
  4. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    If you go on posting negative majority of the time, that is what people will perceive of the person posting too. 100 negative posts and 1 positive post does not erase the impact of the negative posts. That is the reason a few pages back I had categorically mentioned that you look at the positive side too and you could have avoided negativity which has brought so much sour stuff on this thread.

Rituraj that sentence was not for you alone. That applies to all the members.
  5. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    For the sake of clarification and not argument, does TFI have no place for criticism against Fiat, especially if based on true experiences? As mentioned earlier, prolonged negative experiences will generate negative posts, especially in an ownership thread. You have a point that repetitive posts can be avoided. However, no one seems to have taken objection to the overtly positive/fanboyish posts across different threads.
    Deepak likes this.
  6. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    To clarify for the final time. Any thing that is of nuisance value be it negative or positive will find the same treatment. What makes you think that TFI should allow any kind of nuisance posts? Criticism is very much welcome but it has to be constructive and not about posting negative at every possible opportunity. This applies to the fanboy posts too.

A suitable message has already gone through to such members. You may have noted that even the fanboy posts are deleted and not your posts alone. Hope this discussion is not dragged further.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Name calling of some kind should be avoided at all costs. And I think that Mods have taken due note of the same and taken action. Trust me this forum and Mods are not high-handed in taking action, when you compare to some big forums where people have been banned for speaking good about Fiat. Anyways, my point being this is a Fiat forum and are here to help solve issues rather than overly-
    criticizing Fiat to a point where people are sick of it and it does not help ANYONE which is what Mods have been trying to say. If you think this forum is biased there would not be an existence of this thread itself. And neither that of someone going all out against Fiat suing them for his own good reasons.

These overtly positive posts you say have been time and again been argued upon and replied to by some members. And if a particular member is enthusiastic and positive about FIAT based on his experiences, who are we to say otherwise. If one or more members are a say way more pro-fiat, why kill their enthusiasm, when sometimes it does generate healthy debates and good perspectives which members share replying to that. Such a member has taken criticism about posts too with the best spirit, at times where it was rude and uncalled for the way the posts were replied to.

@nkrishnap hope you allow this one, kindly allow this member to vent out his thoughts. Just a request. Or ofcourse do as you think is right.
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  8. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Agreed.

It’s hard to continue after being labelled as ‘nuisance’.

I had imagined that forums such as this allowed the opportunity to vent out frustrations occasionally. To all who have been affected by my negative posts, do take some time out and glance through this thread. Sometimes negative posts (not always directed at Fiat) are also triggered by insensitive and disrespectful comments like – “given your location, what else do you expect?” or “do you expect Fiat to setup an ASS in every nook and cranny” or “when did Fiat assure in writing to provide you support after the purchase?” or even “in remote areas everyone should only go with a maruti, Hyundai or a Mahindra”. I write these out of memory. The exact words might have differed, but the meaning doesn’t. Of course such posts do not attract moderator action, but carry a lot of nuisance value themselves, especially to the person they are directed at. Perhaps I could have avoided being rude in responding to those, but certain responses were mostly instinctive and seemed apt at the time.

In one of my recent communications with Fiat India, I remember someone referring to this thread in course of the discussion. So, as you can see, this thread also had served the purpose of a feedback mechanism to Fiat.

I would still maintain that sharing prolonged negative experiences will always result in negative posts. There is always that flip side to a coin. Asking someone to exercise caution before purchasing a Fiat product in Assam right now, given the service scenario, doesn’t equate to bashing. There is no hidden ‘propaganda’, no attempt at ‘taking down Fiat in Assam’. Anyone disinterested in a topic of discussion always has the opportunity to move on to something else. If something is negative and doesn’t merit a glance, why bother reading it? I agree that repetitive posts are irksome. I can’t guarantee that my future ownership experience is going to be good, so there is always the chance that I could share more negative experiences, thereby aggravating the nuisance factor. I have realized that this isn't the place to share anything negative related to Fiat. So, it’s only apt that I post no further here on TFI.

So long TFI! Goodbye. May your Fiats treat you well.

P.S: I will not read or reply to any responses to this post or this thread.
    sdp1975 and RaviHegde like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Any post that triggers endless discussions adding next to zero help or value is a 'nuisance'. And you my friend are reading only part of the sentiment or statement without trying to understand the full meaning here as you were suggested by the Mod.

You may or may not read this; which cannot be helped. But every once in a while unfortunate or unfair statements can be made by forum members. It is on us too to learn when to evade such statements or reply them without being attached too much beyond a point to the discussions.

Leaving a forum over small issues or feeling cornered or alone is totally is a false belief and unfair in some respect also towards your view of the whole community. There are equal sympathisers as much as there are critics for so many aspects/topics. Everyone of us should/could take a more balanced/delicate approach when replying.
    Deepak and RaviHegde like this.
  10. maheshrt

maheshrt Timido

chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @asimpleson I just wanted to know the meaning of the term 'Ownership experience'. Reading this thread gives me a picture of the attitude of people and moderators here.
    @Rituraj is sharing his experience and cornering and insulting his posts as nuisance is height of anything you want to fill.

Justify your statement if you can by saying what value one will get in this forum by reading posts praising fiats?
    I joined the forum with lot of enthusiasm to write my punto evo ownership and now after reading I feel its pointless :)