1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A bitter experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Rituraj, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Things are finally falling into place. The ordered EGR valve has reached Mahesh Motors, Guwahati. I will receive it for free, as a goodwill gesture from Fiat. However, I need to get it collected from Mahesh Motors as they are reluctant to courier it to me.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Rituraj , good to see your efforts finally leading to some positive results... Hope all end well soon and you would be able to enjoy your Punto to the fullest
    Rituraj likes this.
  3. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    1.jpg 2.jpg

Received the EGR valve today from Fiat.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    sdp1975, pabhishek, Raj_pol and 4 others like this.
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Rituraj : congrats, Finally it has arrived. :)
    Do you know how much a new EGR valve will cost? i know you have got this one free from FIAT as a goodwill gesture. just wanted to check on the price.
    Rituraj likes this.
  5. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Thanks @Deepak.

The price mentioned in the pack is Rs. 7622.00. However, when I had replaced the EGR valve back in 2013, the price back then was about Rs.11k or so. The thing is that it is a reconditioned/remanufactured part, as was the earlier one. I am not sure if all replacement parts are similarly reconditioned/remanufactured.

Fiat might consider it a goodwill gesture, but for me the free EGR is something that I have received under extended warranty, which is still valid till May 2015. ;) I had earlier shared my ext. warranty details with them. Besides, they had sent me a faulty EGR back in 2013. I hope this one turns out to be fault-free.:angelic:
  6. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ok thanks for the info :)
    Do install the EGR and let us know the result. Im sure it gonna fix the issue.
  7. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Rituraj : any update? how is the car behaving after new EGR ?
  8. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Okay, here's an update. I got the EGR valve installed on Saturday. This is the fourth time that a new EGR valve has been installed on my car. I had two major issues with my car prior to disconnecting my EGR about a month back -
    1. The RPM fluctuation issue during cold starts. (http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/rou...old-starts-after-egr-valve-replacement.12605/)
    2. The sudden power-loss issue. (http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/sudden-loss-of-power-while-overtaking.8952/)

After installing the new EGR, issue #1 is history. No RPM fluctuations anymore :). As far as issue #2 is concerned, it is too early to comment, but initial impressions are quite positive. I took the car out for a 150km test drive and didn't experience any power loss. I will get a better picture as I drive more in the coming months. That apart, the engine refinement that I had experienced after disconnecting the previous EGR has largely remained intact after fitting the new one.
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    prabhjot and Deepak like this.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Good to hear :)
    as you said its early to comment on #2. anyways keep us updated.
    Rituraj likes this.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Mods Note - Guys chill out. All the crap that has been posted is cleaned up. Ensure such stuff is not posted again. Any such posts again will certainly warrant mods action on the members involved.

@Rituraj - I had posted a few pages back about your thread and here I quote it again.

Now we expect to you to maintain the discussion on these healthy ways and help out the fellow Fiatians in Assam by documenting the solutions to the issues you faced. It will not only help out people of Assam, it will help folks from other places too. Ranting and bashing whether warranted or not is of zero value to the forum readers, if your intention is to only rant, please look else where.

@ prabhjot - Please refrain from diverting the topic on the ownership threads. The discussion of "for and against" on every thread is of no value.
    prabhjot and nibedk like this.