1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A bigger and a longer meet - after the Successful "Mini" meet

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by PatchyBoy, Aug 19, 2013.

?

When & Where?

1. Oct 2nd to 6th

12.1%
  2. November 1st to 3rd

51.5%
  3. Others - Please post

3.0%
  4. Wayanad

39.4%
  5. Coorg

12.1%
  6. Pondicherry

30.3%
  7. Mahabalipuram

15.2%
  8. Murudeshwara & Netrani Island

36.4%
  9. Others - Please post

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Hampi

12.1%
  11. Goa

21.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Too bad. ..for me at least

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  2. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    If you really wanna enjoy scuba then Havelock is the place for you, Netrani would be more of a glimpse into the scuba world..

Murudeshwara would look like this...

DSC03349.jpg

DSC03352.jpg

And behind Lord Shiva is Netrani island
    3 people like this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    If you are referring to the goa plan, man i am game for that too. Its just that i never enjoyed scuba diving, hence made such statement ;)
    I am always game for Goa buddy :D

- - - Merged Post - - -

You mean the island near andaman chain? Hmmm... keep a note then. Thanks :)
    Have been to murdashwara though, damn those heavy salt water ocean, cant swim properly :(
  4. No dude..not the goa plan...I was referring to DREAMZ diving, I am one of those who would love to explore the underwater, but only if I knew to swim properly other than float around...

I did get a chance to enjoy scuba diving in Havlock(almost all of anadaman), but sigh I was small then, the scuba diver just carried/pulled me with him...
    But the saddest part is almost 70%coral life is lost after the tsunami..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Pardon my ignorance - but what has swimming go to do with SCUBA diving?

Rajan
  6. venka

venka BANNED

Rajan Sir ,

Yeah for doing SCUBA diving some centres mandate that one should know Swimming else they don't allow. but in India chalta hai attitude is there i heard.

but its good to know swimming for SCUBA diving.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Not quite true Venka. To become a certified SCUBA diver, one needs to know swimming. For a resort / recreational dive, ability to swim is not required. This is as prescribed by Professional Association of Diving Instructors. Swimmers do have a small advantage. They already know how to kick their legs and they do not have a fear of water. However, even a non-swimmer, can easily learn these and enjoy SCUBA diving.

I am posting this information, so that members interested in SCUBA diving, but are hesitant as they do not know swimming are aware of this. The intention is to just share what I know and not to prove anyone wrong. I was told this, when I went SCUBA diving in the Great Barrier Reef. We were actually segregated into swimmers and non-swimmers, as non-swimmers needed an extra orientation session, which was optional for swimmers.

Rajan

PS: I can swim :D
    3 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    OK People. Looks like everyone has gone silent on this plan. My wife has proposed an alternate:

Velankanni and Pondicherry. Looks like my Sister-in-Law will also be joining. Given that Pondicherry has 9 votes against 10 for Netrani, I am now veering towards Pondy and would also like to propose Velankanni into the equation.

Please post your thoughts people. If we are going to be a large group, we need to start planning the logistics.

Rajan
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I am in for any place for the dates I have voted, 1st November to 3rd November.
    1 person likes this.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Dates are pretty much set Kiran. We need to fix the place, so we can start making enquires and finalize the bookings. Given that it is holiday season, we will be hard pressed to find a place if we delay too much.

Rajan
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.