1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A big hello to Team Fiat from Abhishek.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by abhisheksil, Aug 14, 2013.

1. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

I am Abhishek Sil from Mumbai, Thane to be precise. I currently own a 5 year old Wagon-R and I'm in the process of finalizing my next car. If the universe re-aligns itself a touch and pulls in my favour it'll be the Linea T-Jet. ;)

I want to quickly share the offer I've got from the dealer and I'd really appreciate it if you guys can let me know if it's good to go. Since I will be exchanging my Wagon-R I have mainly been offered the 1 Lac exchange bonus + the value of my old car & accessories like mud flaps, mats and "teflon" coating.

I am trying to get a good deal on my current car with the dealer and if everything goes well i'll be booking the T-Jet next week. Looking forward to the car, sharing my experiences on TFI and being a part of the Fiat famiglia!

Cheers!
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Welcome and congrats on the near future booking.

I am not sure if the SC guys do best on adding teflon coating. IMO, go for 3M, they do the best than the SC guys given we know already how our dealers SC guys work the best ;) See instead of teflon getting from there, you can get some thing different, perhaps reverse parking sensor. Always helpful.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Awesome choice. You will not regret it. Please stay away from Teflon coating. That is a big hoax. As enlightened by others in the forum, also stay away from 3M Paint Protection for a new car. That also is apparently a rip off.
    Take Zen's suggestion. Ask for reverse parking sensors. They are not of much use in a hatchback, but are definitely a must have in a sedan. Insist on moulded mudflaps and do not settle for those stupid rubber mudflaps.

All the best.

Rajan
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    5 year old wagonR for just 1L, I guess you should get more. please check the evaluation in carwale.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I second rajan on mud flaps. please ask for absolute or moulded one.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard Abhishek.

TFIans will wish and make sure the universe aligns so and you get the Jet ASAP :)

Cheers.
  7. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

@limraj: I have actually been offered the 1 Lac as exchange bonus which I believe is standard across all Linea models. The offer on my wagonR is decent but I'm trying to get a good one. If they don't budge I guess i'll have to blink first because I really want to go for it!

Thanks for your inputs zenwalker and PatchyBoy. Yeah I am aware (thanks to TFI) that teflon coating is a scam and hence I was thinking of asking for an under-body coat instead. Will surely try to "convince" them to give me parking sensors instead and see how that goes. They were on my list of additions for later anyway. So is there any "coating" I should go for? There is a new 3M Care just 2 mins from my place.

Thanks for the welcome gurjinder, really looking forward to learning a lot from you guys.

Oh and btw I'm planning on getting a Pearl White, mainly because I believe the darker shades are difficult to maintain and I have a few visual mods in mind which will only look good in white! ;)
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  8. mohanrav

mohanrav Novizio

Bangalore
    Congrats and Wish you get the T-Jet at the earliest.. :)
  9. abhisheksil

abhisheksil Novizio

Thanks for the inputs and the welcome guys!

@limraj: I have been offered the 1 Lac as exchange bonus which I believe is standard across all models of the Linea. As for the value of my wagonR, their estimate is decent but I'm trying to get a better offer from them.

I am aware (through TFI) about teflon coating being a scam and I was actually going to ask them to give the car an under-body coat instead. I will definitely try to 'convince' them to give me parking sensors instead as that was on my list anyway. Lets see how that goes. Should I consider any other 'coating'? There is a new 3M Care at 2 mins. from my place, thinking of going and checking out what they have to offer.

Oh and I have decided to go for Pearl White as I think the darker shades on offer will be a handful to maintain and mainly because I have a few visual mods in mind which will only look good on white! ;)
  10. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Abhishek, You can do one thing. Show the papers of your car and they will give you 1 Lakh exchange bonus. Then you can sell your wagon r outside for a better price than what they are offering.

I am doing the same think on my T Jet booking. Sold my car for an extra 25K than the dealer offered :-D

Try that route..