1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A big disappointment-New Fiat Punto 1.3 Dynamic - Update - Issue Resolved

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by nageswarabezawada, Feb 10, 2014.

1. nageswarabezawada

nageswarabezawada Timido

Bangalore
    Hi guys thank you for sharing me information. Here is my beast yesterday evening -I got my car enclosed photos
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Am I the only one not able to chk out pic :(
    Nageswar, I am not able to see the pic/attachment/link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This type of PDI can be happen with any dealer. Don't blame to FIAT.
    By seeing images prima-facie it seems that some malpractices have been done with the car before selling it.

I also experienced this type of practice while taking delievery of new Maruti SX4 ZDI on 'Dashahara' in 2013.

Door trim of R/R hand found broken. It was a sunday.So Sales executive assured to replace it very next day.
    But did not received any response from last 4 months. Finally filed online complaint.
    Then dealer came on track. He ordered part. Within next 5-7 days he will replace the same.
  4. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    How do you know that it is the fault of the Fiat factory. The OP has not come out with the VIN and he does'nt even know what is VIN. This car could be lying in the stockyard for a long time and nobody can predict how long.

Secondly I beg to differ with your opinion that the owner cannot be blamed. It is his hard earned money and only he is to be blamed. He had seen everything and still did'nt do anything before making the payment, well then at least he should not lament now.
    3 people like this.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My comment is based on the folowing grounds:
    01. In the past there have been issues found in new cars that clearly indicate a lapse at the factory level. Although I agree with you on this one that I have over reacted most likely and it is possible for the panels to come off while lying in the stockyard due to some mishandling.

02. We can either blame the customer or the dealer. I would choose to blame the dealer.

Suppose we go to the market to buy a bedsheet worth a few hundred. We have a habit of checking it out for manufacturing defects. So how can't we not check a car worth lacs? And hence we blame the owner. Because these were visible defects that the owner could have spotted.

Still why I blame the dealer? That's because the customer may miss these in excitement but its the profession of the dealer to deliver the car. I don't see any professionalism in the way this car has been delivered. One should be good in his primary profession.

Continuing with that bedsheet analogy. Suppose the bedsheet has a small hole. If the shopkeeper was not aware of it then it may be understandable. To err is human. But if the shopkeeper knew about it, then it's cheating.
    2 people like this.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Even if the shopkeeper doesn't know and the customer points out atleast while delivery that is still understandable in cases where return policy is not applicable or feasible to certain goods. We know customers too dont own up to their own wrongs or mistakes with new goods. But this here is like the customer was shown goods yesterday and blocked it with an advance and today while taking delivery he stands to discover something that is not acceptable as a new product.

The fundamental issue here is does the dealer get a clean chit as soon as the customer has done the PDI. A good dealer would take up certain issues with Fiat and sort out the others at his level. But leave the customer satisfied for his most reasonable demands, to have a car with near perfect fit finish and condition in this case or whatever falls under the definition of "brand new".

The dealer is incharge of the product in transition. Fiat ultimately can issue a recall on this car and/or ask the dealer to replace this car. How big a problem can this be for such big companies.
  7. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    I puposefully kept quite about the dealer and I do not support such action from the dealer. Let us be very clear about this fact.

Continuing on the debate about the owner, if anybody wants to be a fool then everybody will treat him like a fool. I hope you agree on this.
    You leave aside Fiat, any dealer in this country (even the so called trusted brands or marque brands) will not hesitate to sell a lame duck car to a customer if he is not aware, and such things have been reported against several manufactures. If the customer sees a hole in the bedsheet and makes the payment for it then who is to be blamed ?

In this case the member had seen the condition of the car and took snaps of the same. He makes the payment and does not check the condition even at the time of the delivery. After bringing the car home he suddenly starts checking everything and starts making a fuss and blame the manufacturer.

I hope things have been sorted out as he has got back his car.
  8. nageswarabezawada

nageswarabezawada Timido

Bangalore
    Good Day All,

I admire your suggestions, valuable discussions in this regard.

I will tell you a short story, They took 5 days to close all the issues raised by me...
    1.Fuse Box cover replaced
    2.Rear panel fixed.
    3.Rear left side door pad corrected (Reason---Glass Rubber Beading Jam).
    4.Left & Right Mirror replaced with new.
    5.Replaced spoiler holding brackets.
    6.Body Teflon coated.

I called my father form Hyderabad for inspecting the vehicle. Actually he is having 30 years experience in 4 wheeler. I did one big mistake that I did not called my father at the time of vehicle delivery.

Previously I owned Hyundai EON 2012, I took delivery with out any PDI from my side it is very clean. I exchanged my EON with Fiat. Enclosed Photos....
    Front Look
    DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg DSC_0039.jpg DSC_0042.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Will upload few more pics ....soon
    6 people like this.
  9. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Congratulation and happy miles:).
  10. nageswarabezawada

nageswarabezawada Timido