1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A Bad Tuesday

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Andy, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys tot of sharing my recent experience with u guys which happened last tuesday..

It was around morning 10:30 wherein i returned from work tired and just entered home and was busy munching.. Suddenly i see my friend at my doorstep smiling and informing me that his driver knocked off my Punto's front RHS door along with the ORVM.. i was like put back by his talks and rushed to the parking at my residence...
    Found that it was indeed true that my friends Innova ramped into my baby in just 5mins of my arrival home.. :confused :confused :confused

The weather didnt support me too.. To my supprise i saw that my friends Innova had a broken tail light and a misalligned rare bumper with the RHS corner paint pealed off and nothing much happened to my PUNTO inspite of the INNOVA knocking it bigtime...

Well there was a pretty big dent on the RHS door and my ORVM was knocked off completely and was hanging down there... I couldnt utter a word as it was one of my best friends drive who messed up and i quietly drove down to Wasan Chembur immediately praying dat he gets me he ORVM immediately...

And there it was.. Wasan was ready to hel me in minutes... I got the RHS ORVM replaced in 20mins luckly the white cap of my orvm was intact so didnt need to purchase a cap and pait it rather used my old cap itself..
    I had to shell out around 1950/- with fitting and VAT for the ORVM...Out of curiosity i checked with the stores guy for the price of the INDIGO Manza Electronic ORVM and the price quoted was 2400 plus fitting and vat v/s the price of the PUnto which was just 1590 + fitting and VAT which i felt was damn cheap...

Was happy with the job and i even asked him to wash the car for which he readily did and i was off home the day spending around 2k for no reason leaving the dent on the RHS door as it is...

The next day when i returned back from work my frnd told me that he knew a guy at chembur who does a cold denting job well.. he would assure results if there was no paint peal which was the case in my punto.. there was a huge dent but there was no paint peal whatsoever... I immediately got there on wed mrng and spent abt 6/7hrs there looking at the guy fixing my punto's RHS door and trust me there is not a scar left on the door.. I can say its 90% fixed without me doing a denting and painting job..
    I guess my frnd didnt tell me the charges he paid for the door job as he didnt allow the guy to let me know the cost but i guess he was talking somewhere between 1000 to 1500 bucks which i felt was worth cos i saved the time of repairs at the TASS and saved my NCB too..

When i checked with Wasan on tuesday to fix the door he told me abt 9k plus he wanted the car for approx 7days which was immpossible for me..

My baby is fixed now and is in shape and happy that its all fine now

But i still cant believe the state of my friends innova banged my car.. And especially his drive inspite of having a parking sensor which a rare cam didnt happen to see my car parked and knocked it off...

His car is yet to be fixed though but am sure he would be shelling out more money than i did to fix my car as even though it was an INNOVA, it couldnt touch the FIAT's built quality come what may...
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bad that it got hit and good that it recovered soon.

And you mentioned the door denting job from TASS to be 9k, how much new door costs? 9K looks too much.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sad to hear this.. but glad to know everything is alright now.
    The cost of the spares look cheap.
    I was given a quote of Rs.1750/- for the manual adjustment ORVM about one year back, for my Santro by Hyundai Service, so I went out and bought a local one for Rs.700/- and paid another Rs.50/- for fixing.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Sad to know this, Andy. But good that its fixed.

Somehow, we're so possessed with our cars that we can't see any minor damage also. On Thursday, front frill (lower one which is smaller) got broken, details in my ownership report. And off I went to Wasan today itself & got it fixed shelling out Rs. 1488/-. Couldn't see the beauty with that zoozoo-like smile deformed !!

And yes. In my earlier car Ikon, I also got a local ORVM fixed at Rs. 600-700/-
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Am not sure abt the exact cost of the new door.. But the state in which my dent was the insurance guys wouldnt have approved a replacement door as it was fixable.. i'd have needed to bang it more to create a cretar before getting it to the TSS if i needed a door replacement.. i guess the front door was 22k.. And Linea and Punto share the same front door and ORVMS...

well even i tot of a local ORVM but then tot it would look shabby henec went to Wasan directly and got it done.. If there would have been a shortage of spares then i'd have given a local ORVM a shot but since i got it was happy to install it at the earliest..

And yea 9 k i felt was too much for the dent in the car as there wasnt any paint peal and it was only a patch that was in.. But thats a normal cost if you get it to a TASS... But i must say guys the paint quality of our Linea/Punto is so hard man... It doesnt get off that easily..

VP; You are right... we are all so possessed with your vehicles that we cant imagine anything happening to it at any time.. Atleast i cant see it with a damage.. Trust me guys i think 10times to give my car to my Dad at times:)