1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

A bad experience with dealers in TVM. EDIT- Resolved by FIAT to my satisfaction.

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by srirambond007, Aug 1, 2012.

1. srirambond007

srirambond007 Amatore

Trivandrum
    I will write my whole story later in the dealership experience thread, but right now I need TFI advice. I have booked a punto sport from Mohandas Motors, Trivandrum on 15 July. I paid full amount to them on 23rd July since the SE insisted. He told me only after full payment they will book the car. Till today, they haven't invoiced the car, so the car is not yet shipped. Their promised delivery date was 30th july. Now they are asking me to just wait, no definite time, just wait. I want to know from TFI friends, is this normal or should I do something about this . I did call up Fiat Customercare, but no use , they are saying they will arrange a call back , until then again WAIT. Please advise.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First mistake you did is to pay full amount. We should never pay more than booking amount, otherwise you are on dealer's mercy.

Do send email, detailing complete information on your booking, to Mr. Mangesh. Take email id from http://www.teamfiat.co.in/contacts/7-fiat-india-contact-list.html thread.
    Also try to meet some seniors in dealership and threaten them that cancel, refund full amount and book from other dealers.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    This is a common practice with most of the car dealers during month-end. They may have achieved their July target (of selling 2-3 punto for the month :D) and they will invoice your car in August. Don't worry, you will get it in 1-2 weeks. The mistake you made is that you paid full amount.
    1 person likes this.
  4. srirambond007

srirambond007 Amatore

Trivandrum
    Hmm. Yeah, I too feel and regret it, I trusted the dealer . I will try to contact Mr.Mangesh. Thanks mate.

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Sorry guys, I had waited too long to get myself a Fiat, more than a year. So the dealer utilized my excitement. I understood your point completely, Now I am at the dealer's mercy. My bad.

5. Sriram .. No worries .. As our friends suggested you should get the car in another 2 weeks .. Considering the waiting period of other brands this is very minimal .. Even I too got the car almost after a month ..

Since you have paid all the amount I will also suggent you to send a mail to Mangesh , who will surely help to sort out the issue .

Ajit
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    They do this all the time. I faced a similar situation with KM when I bought my car (there was no MM then). I had given them only booking amount still they delayed the delivery by around 3 weeks.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey sriram,
    This is so frustrating experience now itself ! Try calling asif. i ll PM you his number now, he is quite notorious as well as famous with them now as he had created quite a ruckus there when he booked his car n was in a similar state like you . He then sent mails to God knows who all and have a good rapport with them.
    Another member sanjeevskartha here , had recently cancelled his booking from mohandas n bought it with kulathunkal due to this shit attitude of the SE @mohandas

1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sometime back, one of my colleague booked Ritz vdi with Popular Maruti in Chennai. He was promised a delivery date and he paid the full amount, a week before the promised delivery. He got a call from the dealer (two days before the promised date of delivery) asking him to wait for few more weeks as they are still waiting for the car to arrive their yard. My frustrated colleague immediately contacted Maruti on this issue. You know what? Maruti arranged the delivery of the car on the same promised date from a different dealer in Chennai (Khivraj Maruti). He was just asked to go to this dealer, sign the papers and get the delivery after registration.

When will this become a reality with Fiat? No wonder people have lots of trust with Maruti.
    1 person likes this.
  9. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    Plz be free to call me,will try to help you.I think varun has given you ma number
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  10. srirambond007

srirambond007 Amatore

Trivandrum
    Sure, thanks man. When will be a good time to talk to you..??