1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. gsenthil99

I existing alloys are the OEM ones... Bored of them for the moment.. Want a different look for my hottie.. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

its the 98 PCD one... That's some comfort ! Would the dealer normally have the required size hub rings ? or do I need to get them done ? If yes, any recommendations on a place in Bangalore ??
  2. A week back got HRS (Hijoin) alloys for my brother's punto (Active) and my Linea Emotion. Both are 15 inch and 6.5J wheels ordered from Alloywheelsindia.com. They had sent it via Bluedart. It took 5 working days for the delivery since the order placement. Both were (For Punto we had got H429 and for Linea H305) 8 HOLE wheels which support both PCD98 and 100. The stock wheel bolts can't be used and we got 16 bolts along with the wheels and the adapter bit along with it. One thing i noticed was that the 2 pins in the wheel hub have to be removed before installing aftermarket alloys or else the wheel will not be seated properly on the hubs. After fitting the wheels we went for a 5 minute test drive and when we came back we were schocked to find that all the bolts were loose. Then we removed those 2 pins on the wheel hubs and again fitted the alloys. Total cost was 20000 Rs / 1 set of 4 wheels. WP_000110.jpg WP_000114.jpg
  3. got the alloys installed on my punto.. specs are as--
    SIZE -15*6.5
    PCD/H - 100/4
    ET - 30
    C.B - 67.1

Till 100 kmph there are no vibration but after that i have observed some vibration. Got balancing done twice but no result. I know hub centric rings are the solution to this. Can you please tell me what size should i order or get custom made hub centric rings made. from my calculation the size should be= 67.1-58.1mm and width should be 4.5mm. I need your confirmation regarding the size. Is this the perfect fit or any other size will be perfect. Plz do repli asap. Ill be waiting.
    Thanks in advance
  4. The inner diameter of the hub centric rings is 58mm while the outer diameter should match the inner diameter of the mag wheel (The diameter of the circle in the center of the mag wheel).
  5. Wonder how u fitted PCD 100 wheels on punto. I am sure that the guy who fitted would have done some filing to make it fit with the PCD 98 Punto hub. In this process a little offset would have happened. Due to which the Wheel would be offset causing the vibrations. Also pls remove the mounting pins (2 pins per wheel hub can be seen in punto) which has to be removed.
  6. well the alloy guy did nothing to alloys apart from balancing. It was like plug n play. he installed them and the oem bolts fitted into them. another thing i wanna know is by installing hub rings will the oem bolts tighten properly or will have to source bolts also??? too confused now:(

- - - Merged Post - - -

yes those pins type bolts were removed..
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Bolts have nothing to do with the Hub Centric rings. If the bolts fit now, they'll fit when the rings are used too. The Hub centric ring sits between the the Hub and the bore of the Alloy as seen here

The Inner diameter of the ring should be the stock diameter (IIRC 58.1) and the outer diameter should be = the inner diameter of the Alloy.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Have a read here. Hopefully, will clear some confusion for you. Ideally, you can use the OE lugs.

9. finally got the hub centric rings made of the desired size. Material is M.S and its costs Rs 600 for 4 pieces. now will install them in a couple of days.
    will update asap.
    thanks guys. cheerz
    sarath072 likes this.
  10. PuntoSingh

PuntoSingh Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Question For experts.. Can I fit 15" alloy of Linea in Punto 1.3 MJD Active model?
    Does it require any modification like ring hub etc. ?
    Does it impact speed o meter reading ?
    What Tyre size will be best ?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014