1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Its better you dont buy it from them but rather you check out if anyone in the forum is willing to sell their alloys to you..
    I've heard rumors that kava sells used parts as well..
    A friend of mine actually ordered alloys and over the phone itself they said if the alloys have some scratches and bruises then its not their responsibility..
    Now if its a brand new alloy that they are shipping it to you there is no logical reason why it should have scratches,. correct??
    Knowing this he declined to buy from kava..
    I'd say just search elsewhere and if you really want ONLY the OEM alloys from KAVA then go there in person and check if everything is fine before pick up
  2. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanx for that info theblack. I didn't know that they are shipping used parts. I'l keep on searching elsewhere.. Otherwise i'l contact some TFI member in Mumbai who can help and stays near, ask him to check it before shipping :)
  3. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Jante-LEAGUE-LG236-17763_2.jpg

These are League Lg-236 rims in 98-100 pcd and 14 inches. The dealer has quoted 18k for a set of four. Overpriced or reasonable? Opinions please!
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    18k for 14" is overpriced.. normally good 15" sell at that price(except lenso which costs 20k+) .
    Why arent you interested in upgrading to 15" ? its a worthwhile upgrade with good set of rubbers.
  5. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I have searched and searched and searched some more for 15" alloys in 98 pcd and have not come across any. I have been in touch with Sai Mag Wheels and they have said that they can't ship to Assam. Not many options for me really.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yeah.. sai mag wheels have less options, i mean very few nice designs.....go for 100 pcd man.. and there are lots of people here to your rescue for getting hub rings. What about H125? i really liked that wheel more than this league you posted. arent there many TFIans in delhi, who can help you out in shipping it to assam ??
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    @ Varunrtr, what I actually meant is that Saimag Wheels don't ship to Assam. There are many designs in their website that I can go for. Plus their not-so-cooperative attitude over phone hasn't won me over. Apart from Saimag wheels, there is nothing available in 98pcd. The one I have posted is the only option in 98 pcd that I have come across in a long time. I know it is over priced, but I would like to know by how much. 1-2k is not an issue.
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    ^ It is over priced by about 2-2.5k
  9. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Rituraj, I see you are keen on 14 in alloys. Instead for the same price, why nor upgrade to 15 in tyres on linea steel rims plus wheel caps?
    That is what I would do if I were you...somehow I feel 14 in doesnt do justice to the puntos looks and abilities. :)

Those league 14 in you posted look kinda okay, at least not as hideous as the 14 in neos, but I wouldnt pay more than 16k for 4.
  10. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    These are the reasons why I am leaning towards 14 inch alloys-
    1. After 1 year of searching for 15 inch 98pcd alloys, I haven't got my hands on absolutely anything.
    2. Sai Mag Wheels have refused to ship to Assam, nothing available in the local market in 98pcd.
    3. Current condition of roads in Assam are pathetic, especially after the onset of the monsoons.
    4. Tyre and alloy gurus on TFI have advocated the use of 185/70/14 tyres over even 195/60/15, given the road conditions. (15 inch alloys would look better I agree)
    5. Vitamin M