1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    How is the breaking Aniket?
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Awesome! Aniket... I feel your car now need some silver or white sticker job than black, it will suit the best with your new sexy alloys.

I guess I should now change the thread title to 98 or 100 PCD!!! ;).
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Experts please comment. Are multi-pcd alloys structurally weaker than Single-pcd alloys. I am looking for alloys in 15inch and the only option I have is to get them shipped from Sai Mag Wheels (alloywheelsindia.com). Now, they don't have any 15 inch models in 98pcd, however, there are many 98-100 pcd options. 98 pcd alloys are unavailable in my town and OEMs are exorbitantly priced, so the only option I have is to get them shipped from somewhere.

Rituraj
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Looking great! Please share the details..
  5. Any good shops in Bangalore with good alloy wheel collection quoting decent prices
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    That should not be an issue. My first set of spigot rings were of the same size and I did not face any vibrations. I believe you are looking too much for vibrations. The steering wheel wobbles due to lack of spigot rings are very distinct and starts at around 80kmph. You will feel the vibrations on perfectly smooth roads. I faced it once when the TASS lost the rings on one of my front wheels. Don't look for vibrations on uneven or rough roads.
  7. Beautiful alloys ..

Looks like this is the first time you are posting the side view of your car . I thought that your car has got the stickers only on front .

Ajit
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  9. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Could someone please reply to my query in post #666? I asked whether multi-pcd alloys are structurally weaker than single pcd alloys. This should help me in my decision-making over alloys.

Thanks,

Rituraj
  10. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    Thanks Roy. Now I have replaced the earlier spigot rings (59.1mm x 67.2mm) with 58.1mm x 67.1mm and they fit perfectly but still I feel vibrations above 80kmph even on smooth road. Also about using the correct PCD, installer confirmed that incase if they try to fit 100pcd bolts they wouldnt fit freely and some filing has to be done.

So I guess it could be some issue with the alignment or balancing, will get them checked over the weekend.