1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just can wait, pictures please
  2. I Opted Hyper Silver as my ride is White... and it costed me 17k from sai mag (Bk Tyre) Lajpat Nagar

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Hey Pran,

Actually it rained last night so the ride is messy right now will upload them as soon as i get a car wash.... :(

keep waiting till then... :p

Regards

Murshid

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Hey All,

Finally got the pictures clicked. See it in the following thread.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/after-mar...tive-ground-clearance-increase-r15-tyres.html

Do feed in your Comments... !!!

I need your feedbacks..!!!

3. Here is the complete picture of my 98 PCD HRS H158 and Yoko AVS Decibels......

mini-20120117_101113.jpg

Give your feedback !!!
  4. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Looks cool!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Excellent alloys & your car looks awesome with the new alloys . I am being tempted to go for alloys.. Hope the ride quality has improved much. Do give us review about your new tires on wet & dry conditions.
  6. Thanks Grandeur,

But it seems i need the hub rings even if i have the 98pcd alloys, The alloy has a 73 mm hub dia where as as per ROYJ the hub dia for punto is 58.1mm. The 15mm play may be the reason for me feeling a little vibration coming up to my steering wheel while going above speeds 100kmph. I feel ROYJ should also commnet on this for a greater detail as far as the reason for vibration is concerned.

And i would like to know the dealer form where the exact size hub rings can be ordered. ATTENTION !! ROYJ

Please help.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

Hey Cinju,

The ride quality is superb as of now. I got them fitted two days back. :) The tire comfort is awesome. the grip has seriously improved and the cornering is such a delight it has become little light though but more precise. The broader alloy 6.5 J has allowed the Yokos to breath wide and hence a better grip.

First thing i realized the moment i sat into my car after fitting the alloys and wheels was the ground clearance my punto has gone a whooping 15mm up that's hell lot of diff for me though, because i had a 185/65/14 earlier and i was hitting my under-body shield every here and then.

Second thing i noticed was the ultra light feeling of the car. It felt like moving the knife in a melted butter. ;)

The tires are really grippy and feels very confident while cornering despite being very light.

I am loving my drive now....
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I am using hub centric rings with my alloys and I got them from Hub Rings / Spigot rings for alloy wheels - HubCentric-Rings.com
    So did Pran and Soccerfan.
    I would suggest you go for this spigot rings - 73.1 mm -> 58.1 mm - HubCentric-Rings.com if the size is indeed 73.1mm for your alloys.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  8. Hey Royj,

The place where i got the alloys fixed there he was offering me a hub centeric ring of 73mm - 57.1mm dia so i would go to them if he can match it up to 58.1 by doing some grinding as they are plastic ones and he also has a metal one custom made that i would also try this weekend.

Is it ok to get them custom made for your size from the local metal vendor. ??

Thanks for the guidance royj.
  9. naveen

naveen Novizio

Hyderabad
    Guys, Finally alloys were mounted following is the pic which was taken during wip

Alloy.jpg

If I was not a member of this forum, I would have never know why my car was wobbling after fitting those alloys. Thanks to Team Fiat's admin team for such a wonderful forum. Special thanks to RoyJ, for enlightening members in the forum about Spigot Rings.

@RoyJ: I have spigot rings with 59.1 mm Inner diameter and 67.2mm outer diameter, those rings were fitting perfectly in the alloy hub and there is 1mm gap on the vehicle hub. Now at times I feel slight vibrations in the steering while driving even at 50-60 speed is it due to that 1mm gap?
  10. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    New alloys for my baby 2012-02-05 18.07.45.jpg 2012-02-05 14.55.55.jpg 2012-02-08 18.07.23.jpg 2012-02-08 18.08.32.jpg
    6 people like this.