1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Thanks Roy for the reply. Sorry, I didn't check out the link much earlier. So, this hub centric rings are made-to-order? My plan is to get 98PCD alloys for 1.3 MJD E.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Not exactly. You can get them in different sizes.. Measure the hub centre diameter of your alloys to find out the outer size for your rings. The inner size should be 58.1mm. Once you get the inner and outer diameter, order them. They are available in almost all possible combinations from here.
  3. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Please correct me if I am wrong. But this is what I understand:-

1. Order for the alloy wheels in the size you want.
    2. After receiving the alloy measure the inner and outer diameters.
    3. Procure hub-centric rings for those sizes.
    4. Get the alloys fitted.

Suppose, I need an alloy in the stock rim size of 5.5J*14 inches, it is not possible to find one (coz I don't see that size in the table listed on Pg1). So, I will have to go for the closest one that is 6*14 inches alloys, receive them, measure diameters, order and receive rings and get them fitted. Let me know if I am wrong.

P.S: I am not inclined to upsize over the stock tyre.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    A small correction here. You can measure the inner diameter even before buying your alloy wheels. This is the diameter of the hub and for Fiat Punto it is 58.1mm

The outer diameter of the hub centric ring would be the diameter of the centre bore of the alloywheel and that you can measure only after buying it.

For more information go through this thread
    One more point to note is that if your stock tyres are 165mm then the 6J wheels might be a little too wide and 5.5J would suit them correctly or go for 185mm or wider tyres.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @Nitin

Do give upsizing tires a second thought.

The Punto with 165 section tires is very under-tired and needs better shoes to run on. These 165's are good enough for i10 etc , but not the Punto.

You may want to opt for 185/70/R14 tires on 6J wheels . Not only will it look better; but grip, brake and handle better.

Gurjinder.
  6. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    I guess alloy wheels plan have to be aborted for now. Will think about it when the current tyres are due for replacement.
  7. How is it????

Guys!!

Planning to get this for my car, havent decided yet. What do you suggest??

Cades Zeus 17 inch alloy.jpg
  8. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Good but looks more MEESSSHYYY....####
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is it available in 4 hole setup, the current alloy has 5 holes

Harmony & Choas
  10. Yeah true. For a change thought about this design.

Its available only in 5 holes and is used in Fiat GP in UK