1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Novizio

Chandigarh
    I already checked the website. I wanted to look at the pictures of actual product before I decide to buy.

For others convenience, here are the options available in 15" 98PCD:

120-BLACK-FULL-POLISH.jpg

121-BLACK-FULL-POLISH.jpg

135-BLACK-WIHT-CENTER-POLIS.jpg

138-HYPER-SILVER.jpg

148-HYPER-BLACK.jpg

178MBFP.jpg
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hey Pran, Sorry I'm late here.

Nice choice with those 15" 15-spoke wheels.. :smile: The enhanced GC with 195/65R15 should be good. The first impression after putting on the alloys would be a slight sprightliness on part of the car which wanes of after a day or so as you get used to the new response.
    Congrats. Be sure to let me know when you are here.
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I managed to find Punto's OEM alloys.... I have the alloys with me now... Please help in selecting tyre... What is the maximum size that i can fit in them... The stock size being 195/65/R15
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think the stock size is 195/60 R15, but u can easily look at 205/55 R15, if ride is not of prime importance to u, going beyond will just be waste of money and it wont serve any purpose apart from enhancing the looks further a little, also note that the steering will become a little heavier once u put on wider rubber. Going by the fact that u have a 1.2 I think u should stick to 185/65 R15 this is he closest u can get to the stock size and have the least amount of error(.294%) to b precise

Any thoughts as to which brand of tires u want
  5. shashanknathani

Pune
    As of now i was looking for Yoko C Drive, which is there in aneesh's car or continental..... What would you suggest...
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Roy : thanks! Will definitely meet the next time I am at TVM.

@shashanknathani : the stock size is 195 60R15 , if you are not so keen on warranty then you can go for out of stock sizes, 195 65R15 from my little experience of 1 week is ok. puntom of TFI has 205 60R15 on his Punto. Both of us have not faced any issues so far. But being petrol I would think twice before going for 205 since it might affect the mileage and as Phew mentioned the steering might get tighter.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Completely depends on what purpose should it serve you, whether u want a silent and comfortable tyre or one with high levels of grip and noise, only if u give full idea of wht setup u want can we suggest sir. What size have u chosen upon???

there's nothing exceptional in yoko's till u opt for something like advan-neovas and all, so u can look at Michelin primacy LC/XM1+, gr8 tires for the money{super silent and very high grip levels, (far superior to yoko c drives in all respects b it grip or road noise or comfort)}, at best if u want yoko's then go for A-R1 drive

personally I would recommend(strongly) u primacy LC, I'm currently using them in our car(Fiesta) and can assure u that u wont be disappointed, they are super silent and comfortable. Also note that being a 1.2 better stick to 185/65 R15 for best results effeciency, power and grip wise.

U still have confusion, u got my no.
  8. gods-envy

gods-envy

Bangalore
    Pran,
    I picked up the same set a couple of weeks back!! Good choice :)
    My tyre guy fitted the stock nuts itself. He was confident that it need not be changed.
  9. shashanknathani

Pune
    I was thinking of Continental PremiumContact2 195/60R15. Primarily because of the tyre life and grip on wet roads (my car does not have ABS).... Will give you a call
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    can 205 be fitted in linea oem 15'' inches alloys?????