1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

98 PCD Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Grandeur, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    After almost 1 year of hunt for alloys and 47000km finally I changed shoes for my Punto.

New configuration :
    -15" 6.5J 35 Offset 8H 98-100PCD AVA alloys = 22600/- for a set of 5, from Kumar Autos
    -195 65R15 Continental CPC2 = 4800 each, from Cherry tyres

After the change :
    -Steering feels lighter, may be because the new tyre has lesser dry surface grip compared to the old tyre with lesser thread, F1 concept ;)
    -Definitely silent that the B250
    -Tyre pressure was 32 initially, reduced to 30 since it was bumpy. Now further reduced to 28 and is comfortable, but still there is no sign of tyre flattening, may be the gauge is wrong.
    -Better GC because of the higher profile, more confidence to take over the bad surfaces
    -Wobble above 80km/hr, another visit to Cherry tyres to do balancing is scheduled.
    Some pictures for you..

DSCF2001.jpg

DSCF2008.jpg

DSCF2007.jpg

DSCF2011.jpg

DSCF2099.jpg
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Looks awesome .... Congrats!!!!!
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your alloys and broad tyre, looks awesome.
  4. @ Pran Why didnt you go for the 16" alloy? It would have looked more hot on your car
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Pran Just on seeing the alloys alone, I never thought it would look so s$%y with the alloys on:) Great choice. Hope to catch you sometime in trivandrum..
  6. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Novizio

Chandigarh
    Can I see the catalog of AVA wheels?
    I am looking for something in 16".
    Also, could you please share the number of kumar autos.

Thanks in advance!!!!
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks everyone for the compliments !

@romsi_rk : yes it would definitely look good, but comfort was one important factor why I opted for Fiat and I did not want to compromise on that going for a lower profile tyres with the 16" wheels, and of course price factor goes up like anything for each inch you go up on wheels and each inch you go down on tyre profile.

@Cinju : Since the tyres are in good state now I will be in TVM every month, will meet sometimes. Yes, you are right, it is not the recommended size, but I wanted better GC. I personally looked into the fitting procedure and had a good view of the under body and wheel well with the steering at the extremes. There is enough gap for 2 of my fingers to pass through, so felt it was a safe choice.

@SumitBahl : Contact person for me was Naveen : 9886003036. AVA website does not list any 98PCD alloys, Kumars got a new stock last month, I will post the 15" 98PCD in stock

A few tips :
    - When going for multi PCDs make sure you are with them to show them which holes to use, the 100PCD holes fits in fine and it is difficult to convince the fitting guy why the other one is the correct fitting hole.
    - All mechanics still are confused between the hub diameter and the PCD. After fitting my alloys the mechanic was running around, looking for manual which had the PCD for Punto, thinking like anything, confused. I asked him and he showed me the gap between the hub and the alloys, which I knew there was a difference since it was 58.1 for Punto and 73.1 for most of the AVA alloys. Had a tough time convincing around 3 mechanics in the shop.
    - The bolts should be 1.25 spec.
    - Keep one set of original bolts for your spare wheel if you are using the original steel rims.(I forgot this) ;)

Attaching the latest stock details with Kumars Auto for 98PCD 15"

Attached Files:

9. SumitBahl

SumitBahl Novizio

Chandigarh
    Thanks a lot for the info.
    I called Naveen. He seems like a helpful person.
    He will send me the pictures of the wheels.
    Nothing in 16" though.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  10. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3